You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Moscow Russia 2010 Private Gig Pro Shot Footage

Aussie wrote:

I remember when this show happened, some Uber rich Russian paid for a private show, looks like footage has finally surfaced of it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

How is it possible that the best footage and best audio of this band is from a private party in a foreign country with the worst lineup?

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

.... and it's down hmm

Really interesting

Edit: it's still alive on YouTube smile

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I was struck by the number of audience shots.

It appears to have been filmed as a souvenir for the attendees so they could … show off to friends, I guess.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Anyone save it before it went down?

elevendayempire

Always curious to see this stuff – even if it is my least-favourite incarnation of the band – but I can see why they'd move sharpish to pull it from the internet. Doing a Russian oligarch's private gig is not such a good look in the current geopolitical environment.

SlashMcKagan
 Rep: 0 

SlashMcKagan wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Anyone save it before it went down?

I did

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I would imagine the mere existence of ashba, Tommy and Ron was enough to get it taken down immediately!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I say it on a regular basis but I'll say it again....

The level of incompetence never ceases to amaze me....

The vast destruction of your own band's social media footprint over the course of 15 years.

Fuck...even Don Henley...the hater of all things internet... finally woke up to how destructive and ass backwards the strategy really is.

There will be no waking up in this situation. Henley has real management to show him the consequences of taking such a stance.

I couldn't care less about this video... wouldn't watch it if it came back...but it's idiotic to remove it. All it was is free promotion. Yeah it's an inferior lineup...but so what.

Yeah the Russia thing might be bad optics...but it's obvious it's not a present day show.

elevendayempire

James wrote:

Yeah the Russia thing might be bad optics...but it's obvious it's not a present day show.

Musicians are absolutely scrubbing their social media of anything relating to Russian billionaires' private gigs. Indeed, playing such gigs for dodgy billionaires from, ahem, less-well-regarded countries was always the music industry's dirty little secret. You'd be hard pushed to find anything from Beyoncé or Madonna or whoever's social media presence that admits to them doing such performances:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … s-1324577/

That goes double for the current geopolitical climate, in which the Russians they were playing for may very well be war criminals. So I can absolutely understand GN'R trying to purge this from the record.

Board footer