You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

Scabbie wrote:

My wife kindly bought me a gold circle for Hyde Park for Christmas, so I'll be there. I'm very dissapointed there's literally NO music though and if it wasn't a gift I certainly wouldn't be going, unless the show featured Izzy, Stven or possibly Matt.

Sky Dog wrote:

Lukewarm…even if in ATL, the setlist would need to be significantly altered

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't think I will go. I don't care about new music, it's about watching the band. But why would I do that? Last time I saw them it was without Slash, now they are effectively touring without Axl. The only reason to go is to say you've been there. But I already saw Axl and Slash in concert when they were younger so there really is no need to spend 500+ dollars to do it again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

One more thing...

gunsnroses_alldates_noabudhabi_1080x10801676949109.jpg

Their artwork is beyond boring and lazy.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Having just seen them again last December, after 5 years since their previous Australian tour, I must say, I did really enjoy the show.

But at this point, probably the 3rd, 4th or 5th time around to the same places, towns and cities, is anyone really that excited by this announcement?

Most hardcores are like “meh” and I bet even a lot of casuals feel that way too.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:

No new music= no show for me.

Hard to believe they're gonna roll this shindig out again in stadiums.

Gotta maximize the profits before all interest is gone I suppose.

I hate to break it to you, but the interest isn't going away. They're effectively doing the Rolling Stones playbook now, and that's worked well enough for them for, what, 40 years?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but the interest isn't going away. They're effectively doing the Rolling Stones playbook now, and that's worked well enough for them for, what, 40 years?

The Rolling Stones also have about 40 more albums than GN’R do. It’s strange to see GN’R go out like this with such a tiny catalogue of music.

They should be embarrassed by it, but clearly all they care about is $$$$$$

They’re so motivated by money, they don’t even care to give this new tour a proper name. First it was NITL, then We’re Fn Back, now it’s just World Tour.

Might as well call it Retirement Fund.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

The Rolling Stones also have about 40 more albums than GN’R do. It’s strange to see GN’R go out like this with such a tiny catalogue of music.

They should be embarrassed by it, but clearly all they care about is $$$$$$

They don't really need 40 albums, though, do they? They need 2-3 hours' worth of music that plays well with a wide audience, plus a few deep cuts and the odd new song to gen up a bit of media coverage. As luck would have it, GN'R were such a good band that they managed to cram a dozen or more mainstream hits into one album, an EP and a double album, with a sprinkling of deep cuts spread across them and Chinese Democracy.

I just checked the most recent Stones gig; the lion's share of the tracks played came from four albums, with a pair of singles and five more tracks culled from five more albums (one of which was the most recent single). Almost half the tracks played came from Exile and Let It Bleed. That's not really that different from GN'R, when you get down to brass tacks.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

$375 for GA at Fenway…yikes!!!!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Tried to buy tickets to Hershey, Ticketmaster kept crashing.  I'm taking that as a sign from the gods to let someone else snag solid seats and sit this one out.

Board footer