You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

Gong wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

$375 for GA at Fenway…yikes!!!!

And it's on a lol Monday night! 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Vip package..."hors d'oeuvres, beer, AND an opportunity to get your photo taken in front of VIP backdrop" $1584.81

Lmao gimme a fucking break

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

What is a VIP backdrop? Something to make you think Axl and Slash will be in the pic?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Just heard the radio ad for the Boston show. They actually start the add with about the first 1.5 seconds of Absurd before kicking into Jungle, SCOM, PC.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Patience Early Entry for the pit $617.50

Welcome to the Jungle Experience which adds some merch, backstage tour, etc. $1,117.50

Before TM fees.

Cue the “Someone’s been messing with Mr. Brownstone” jokes. Outrageous.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

No new music= no show for me.

Hard to believe they're gonna roll this shindig out again in stadiums.

Gotta maximize the profits before all interest is gone I suppose.

I hate to break it to you, but the interest isn't going away. They're effectively doing the Rolling Stones playbook now, and that's worked well enough for them for, what, 40 years?

Unlike the Stones, this isn't a professionally run machine. The Stones know how to use their branding and another important thing...they know when to go away!

This thing runs looking to squeeze every nickel out of the brand before it goes tits up.

While I do agree that they're obviously a legacy act like the Stones, the similarities end there.

They were already having difficulty moving tickets last year....and now here comes a new round of stadium shows.

They cannot sustain that level of interest forever. Even the Stones can't... which is why they go away for years at a time.

Expect 50-75% filled venues and lots of papering. I have a feeling they might even be expecting a dropoff because they've got some wacky VIP shit to help offset the losses.

There will always be people willing to go see GNR....but not stadium sized crowds in every city every go around.

Instead of morphing into the Stones, they're morphing into KISS.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What is a VIP backdrop? Something to make you think Axl and Slash will be in the pic?

Didn't Bon Jovi do something like this years ago? Fans paid 1-2k to get a picture onstage with Bon Jovi's mic stand.

James

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

No new music= no show for me.

Hard to believe they're gonna roll this shindig out again in stadiums.

Gotta maximize the profits before all interest is gone I suppose.

I hate to break it to you, but the interest isn't going away. They're effectively doing the Rolling Stones playbook now, and that's worked well enough for them for, what, 40 years?

The Rolling Stones also have about 40 more albums than GN’R do.

They've also got a new album on the way!! Announcement expected within a month....

And the band (Jaggers, Richards, Wood) personally work on the various box sets, deluxe editions, and live releases.

While the biggest band in the world with the largest amount of casual fans, they still put in the effort to satisfy their hardcore base... even though they really don't have to.

That's the type of thing that separates the genuine bands who still have gas in the tank from the nostalgia acts who only care about hoovering up every last dollar with minimal effort.

Another example...

Look at how Metallica and GNR rolled out their upcoming stadium tours.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Word around the campfire is that with Charlie (R.I.P.) unavailable to play drums and Bill long-gone as bassist, Mick and Keef recruited a drummer and bassist their own age to play on the new record:

Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney.

If true that will be the coolest damned thing to happen in a long time.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Guns N' Roses is being run like the Soviet Union under Stalin. Everybody scared to death of upsetting the despot and nobody takes any initiative to avoid incurring his wrath. But at least Stalin was interested in ruling. Axl isn't. He just wants to be the guy in charge. He's like Honorius or Commodus, doing anything but the things he's supposed to be doing.

Board footer