You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Just heard Tommy London on SiriusXm say he’s hearing rumors of a GnR/Crue tour next year. Grain of salt of course…

Wow. If this was like 20 years ago, it almost promotes itself...

The Shotgun Blues tour. Media would bring up all that crap....VMAs, war of words, the song, Hagar offering to host the fight, etc.

Now nobody cares. I doubt any of that gets brought up once by a major outlet.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It makes sense.

Like GNR reunion tour has been amazingly successful but I think recent legs are showing they are going to start to struggle to fill stadiums alone if they remain on the road as often.

Motley/DefLep has been awesome but once this aussie leg is over in December I think it will have kind of run its course all over the world too. Needs freshening as a concept.

Both bands need a bit of a pick me up - motley has lost mick and vince and co getting older, Axl has lost some vocal power in recent years. Both bands also looking forward - Motley recording new stuff of late - GNR is GNR but has been more functional music wise in the last 2 years than the 15 before it, and Slash and Tom both seemed to think there's more. Just makes sense. 

Aside from the old bad blood between Vince and Axl (which you would assume is over) they are both two of the great hard rock acts of the 1980s. We know from the perhaps video tommy and john5 seemed down with richard and frank.

Two of my favourite bands anyways. I would go for sure. I know there's been bad blood between the fanbases but fundementally they are both great guitar bands.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Does GnR headline? Co-Headline? GnR has to headline, right?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Wise words in case you miss/can't afford/refuse to see GnR on tour!

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/art … 1019241408

'Dirty DC' are amazing!

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Heard it through the grapevine: Hollywood Bowl was planned as two concerts for  allowing to better capturing video for a live Blu ray release.
That's one of the reasons The General had its premiere at the venue.
My sources or confirmations: none, just passing along what was heard on a social event with people who are not GNR fans.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
otto wrote:

Heard it through the grapevine: Hollywood Bowl was planned as two concerts for  allowing to better capturing video for a live Blu ray release.
My sources or confirmations: none, just passing along what was heard on a social event with people who are not GNR fans.

Can’t see this happening now.
This Axl sexual assault story is big news - mainstream media all over the world reporting it

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
otto wrote:

Can’t see this happening now.
This Axl sexual assault story is big news - mainstream media all over the world reporting it

Agree. If it were to happen, it won't untill all is quiet but then it won't be relevant until another round of touring.

Off topic: new vídeo on GNR Instagram featuring Fernando, so Band is backing him it seems

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If you are going to go dark for a couple of years to record a new album then a DVD at the conclusion of the tour makes sense.

It won't cannibalise live sales, and it's marketable to anyone who enjoyed the tour(s).

Board footer