You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

Sky Dog wrote:

He’s bangin’ her!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Warming up the voice ahead of the tour:

Meh.

I don't know if it's because my fandom has reached its lowest point...but that's not good. Not even mildly interesting.

I realize why Jungle gets picked for such events...the song is known everywhere and guarantees a crowd pop....but goddamn. Do something interesting, quirky, risky....

I hate how other than a small handful of songs possibly being released over the next couple years, this is all we have to look forward to the rest of the way...

Nostalgia tours briefly interrupted with duets on Jungle, PC, or NR.

Sky Dog wrote:

The problem is she sings it with more grit than he does! Lay off Axl, no human could sing those songs at 60 in the registers he did back in the day.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't like this. To do it once with a singer like that is fine, but twice is a pattern and you start to become associated with it. GN'R should try and keep a semblance of credibility. That means not hooking up with pop stars like it was a second band. It's not just nostalgia anymore, it's nostalgia with a happy meal.

The most dangerous band in the world moniker was still valid in 2002. Even in 2006 you could make a case for getting into fights and biting the leg of a hotel security guard. Now it's like a trip to Six Flags.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I hope everyone complaining had an issue with Slash too.

Sky Dog wrote:

Carrie is hotter than Fergie!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:

I realize why Jungle gets picked for such events...the song is known everywhere and guarantees a crowd pop....but goddamn. Do something interesting, quirky, risky....

It's a show by another artist where he's turning up to perform a duet. That's an even more casual audience than the ones who come to a NITL show to hear SCOM and go "They're playing our song!"

He's not going to sing Breakdown or My World or Scraped or whatever.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

FlashFlood wrote:

Yeah, God forbid that the members of GN'R should spend some of their downtime between tours doing guest spots of their most famous songs with pop acts.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yes, God forbid. Not like they need the money. It's whoring out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Yeah, God forbid

We had to endure for years Axl and about half the fan base piss and moan about Slash prostituting himself for fortune and shame any time he did this same thing.

Why is it different when the other guy does it?

As far as these guest appearances go, this is my favorite....

He's not going to sing Breakdown or My World or Scraped or whatever.

No one expects that.

And I hope everyone who loves this also loved that....

GN'R should try and keep a semblance of credibility. That means not hooking up with pop stars like it was a second band. It's not just nostalgia anymore, it's nostalgia with a happy meal.

In defense of this....it's becoming a thing for these bands to do. Remember Metallica and Lady Gaga?!?

In the times we live in....it's not really that surprising I suppose. Actually it's surprising they don't do it more often since they are incapable of doing anything to remain relevant. They get a few headlines out of it that might move a few tickets.

I just don't have to like it because it's him doing it. The Billy Joel appearance was actually cool....it was unlikely to ever happen, an interesting song choice, and special  considering everything going on 2016-17 when it felt like he was trying to recapture his prime.

This has none of that going for it.

I'm not going to incessantly bitch about it because it doesn't really matter and doesn't move the needle in any direction.

It's just another sign of how nothing monumental is going to occur. Hell...look how the fan base found out about it.... Beta's daughter mentioned it on Instagram.

That's how important and special this was....

Board footer