You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

polluxlm wrote:

Absurd and Hard Skool did not perform to their expectations. I think that is the most obvious reason for the shakeup in plans. It would be a safe bet to say they have abandoned that type of release strategy.

Since they are intent on releasing something that can only mean some type of album package. If Slash was being accurate when he said there were a handful of CD songs left to release, they will have to write a handful of new songs to call it an album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The problem is Lady Gaga isn't really writing any of it.

I'm sick of how the world has to pretend that GaGa, Swift, Beyonce, Billie Ellish, etc are these insanely talented songwriters and singers.

A songwriter does not require literal teams of songwriters to write their material...and then a team of producers to put it all together.

Amanda Blank recently talked about this. She was offered a position as a songwriter for Beyonce...she'd get 2% of the royalties. She was fine with that....until she got there and saw how the operation was run. It wasn't just a team of songwriters....it was multiple teams of songwriters  competing against the other teams to come up with the best material. She walked away.

Swift does this same shit....but don't dare mention this to the "Swifties".

If this wasn't bad enough....she's in the process of expanding her empire and becoming an A list actor, director, and producer.

These types aren't happy with hitting the lottery with minimal talent being at the top of their profession. They want it ALL....and they want it NOW.

They're going to get it too. Our trash culture guarantees it. Looking back....it's surprising it took Swift this long to decide to become the next Julia Roberts/Jodie Foster.

In the case of GaGa, her whole persona is nothing but an act. I think they've essentially memory holed the story at this point but she had a friend pre-fame who was also a singer(Lina Morgana). She killed herself at 19 and GaGa immediately took her persona and ran with it laughing all the way to the bank.

In an alternate timeline where she doesn't kill herself, this is Lady Gaga....

EwAETuXVcAIB95U?format=jpg&name=large

....and Stefani Germanotta(her name pre-GaGa) never made it further than 10k Myspace streams.

She does have a few really good songs but I'm not going to pretend she's some sort of genius... especially when someone jumping off a building is the only reason she's in the position she's in.

Coming from a rich, well connected family probably helped too.

Best example of this is Taylor Swift. Had a tempter tantrum as a teen crying to her dad Veruca Salt style wanting to be a huge star...and then Daddy made sure it happened.

Only reason the Mara sisters (Kate and Rooney) got to become movie stars is because their family owns a couple NFL teams(Giants and Steelers).

GaGa's family was rich too...and supposedly some of the stories she tells about her hard life are lifted from Lina's life story.

At least half of these 21st century pop tarts can't even sing...much less write. When you listen to their songs, you're listening to studio trickery.

David Crosby used to rant about this stuff...how the music industry of today is nothing like it used to be.

James

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

GN'R songs
Nicole Scherzinger

I didn't know about that...or I forgot about it.

I loved this song when it came out...

I still have it. Only Pussycat Dolls/Scherzinger song I own.

Nicole was supposed to be the next Beyonce. I wonder what happened?

elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Like who even cares anymore how it looks? We're old men, they are multimillionaires? Pop culture has moved on without them and us. What the fuck is there to lose at this stage.

I just want them to have some fun in the studio rather than just tinkering with 20-year-old demos. It baffles me that – as far as we can tell – they haven't got together in a studio to jam out some new tracks.

He doesn't give a shit anymore. It can't possibly be any more obvious. How many times has he mentioned new material in the past 15 years? Three...  once since the reunion.

That doesn't sound like someone eager to expand the discography.

The reunion was the big 3 cashing in their chips for retirement money.

We'll be damn lucky to get the handful of CD tracks they worked on and if we do get them....I'm not expecting anything after that.

Edit

Just looked her up for shits and giggles. Hadn't heard about her in 10-15 years.

In the midst of the delays, Antin filed a lawsuit against Scherzinger in September 2021 for breach of contract, accusing the singer of refusing to participate in the tour unless she was given a majority share and complete creative control in the reunion.

Isn't that lovely? Since she didn't get to become Beyonce, she wants all the money/control over Pussycat Dolls.

Sky Dog wrote:

My daughter is a 24 year old Swiftie….she would gouge your eyes out for saying that!!!!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I came on board as a bit of a Swift fan via my wife and daughter, and I actually think her Folklore and Evermore albums are fantastic

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Phoenix is maybe 30% sold?

This is a calamity. Just LOOK at the sea of blue dots showing available tickets:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-ros … 509A1C1614

The gravy train has run out of fuel. They need to step up (release new music) or call it a day.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Phoenix is maybe 30% sold?

This is a calamity. Just LOOK at the sea of blue dots showing available tickets:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-ros … 509A1C1614

The gravy train has run out of fuel. They need to step up (release new music) or call it a day.

Yikes.

While it would help us, I don't think new music is going to save it. For starters...they refuse to promote anything.

This machine has simply been run into the ground. Casuals look to be disinterested on a mass scale and they're hemorrhaging hardcore fans left and right.

Hell...the scalpers don't even care.

The dead horse has been beat into obliteration.

If half empty stadium/arena syndrome is on the horizon...and it probably is...we may be nearing the end. They're too old for a lengthy hiatus followed by a reboot.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

They'll continue for as long as they can. What else are they going to do? If the US dries up there are other markets.

At least it will give them a kick in the butt when it comes to doing something.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Some publicity would definitely help. It's kind of wild that Axl hasn't done a US chat show like Kimmel since 2012, and the last sit-down interview he had was in 2016 with some guy who basically lucked out backstage when he was supposed to be interviewing Duff on his own, IIRC.

Slash and Duff have been restricted to promoting their own solo material and dancing around GN'R, I think the only member of the band who's done interviews with high-profile outlets is Melissa with Cosmo and Rolling Stone.

It's bonkers. Get Axl to sit down with a couple of friendly journalists from Rolling Stone or GQ or whatever, and do a round of sympathetic talk shows; Kimmel would crawl over broken glass for him, I'm sure.

Sky Dog wrote:

This comes up every tour….like clockwork. The sky is falling! Let the band and promoters worry about ticket sales…

Board footer