You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Billboard Top 25 Rock Albums this week

James wrote:

1 - 72 Seasons / Metallica
2 - Give Way / Pearl Jam
3 - Greatest Hits / Queen
4 - Meteora / Linkin Park
5 - The Mockingbird & The Crow / HARDY
6 - Greatest Hits / Guns N' Roses
7 - The Essential Foo Fighters / Foo Fighters
8 - The Best Of Nickelback: Volume 1 / Nickelback
9 - Metallica / Metallica
10 - Back In Black / ACDC
11 - Greatest Hits: The Ultimate Collection / Bon Jovi
12 - Pleasant Dreams / The Ramones
13 - Toxicity / System Of A Down
14 - Greatest Hits Vol. I / Korn
15 - Hybrid Theory / Linkin Park
16 - Live: Right Here, Right Now / Van Halen
17 - System Of A Down / System Of A Down
18 - Aerosmith's Greatest Hits / Aerosmith
19 - Ten / Pearl Jam
20 - The Death Of Peace Of Mind / Bad Omens
21 - The Greatest Hits / 3 Doors Down
22 - Rage Against The Machine / Rage Against The Machine
23 - A Decade Of Destruction / Five Finger Death Punch
24 - Vicennial: 2 Decades Of Seether / Seether
25 - Led Zeppelin IV / Led Zeppelin

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Rock and Roll is dead. I am looking forward to Artificial Intelligence giving us new GN’R material and new songs from dead artists.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yikes.  Most of these are from bands who had their heyday 20 years ago or longer.

James

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Rock and Roll is dead.

It really is. It's not coming back.

Any week/month/year of album sales charts is fully loaded  to the gills with classic rock, pop, and country acts. They also constantly fluctuate. Couple years ago some dip shit influencer had a Fleetwood Mac song playing in the background...it caused the song and album to enter the top 10. An old Kate Bush song gets played on a tv show, she's back on pop cultures radar for the first time in 30 years. Literally....last time anyone saw her was Rubberband Girl....

If you're not someone on the level of Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele, or some rap noise pollution, you're not ever making it to the top of a music chart in this world.

Our culture is regressing....so people have to look to the past for anything decent to listen to.

Yeah bring on AI.

James

James wrote:

The only new song on my computer...it's two years old already....

That song has a grand total of 111k views and the album itself has only 19k views.

In other words....they probably made a couple hundred bucks off YouTube...if that.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

I find it sad that the rubbish Greatest Hits album is performing better than Appetite. Way too many cover songs on that Greatest Hits album, with only 3 tracks from Appetite.

James

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I find it sad that the rubbish Greatest Hits album is performing better than Appetite. Way too many cover songs on that Greatest Hits album, with only 3 tracks from Appetite.

They've been overdue for a new GH since the day that monstrosity was released.

The funny(and pathetic) thing about it is the fact GNR wanted all fans to boycott GH. Both Axl and Slash camps suggested it at the time.

I did boycott it...never bought it.

Once the reunion happened and they obviously weren't going to release something....they started pushing it on their social media!

I'm not surprised by it outperforming AFD. This always happens with high profile bands that reunite. It's why most of them release a new compilation. Casual fans...the majority of the audience.... always gravitate towards hits collections.

Edit

Just took another look at its tracklist....yeah it's shit. Pure shit.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The funny(and pathetic) thing about it is the fact GNR wanted all fans to boycott GH. Both Axl and Slash camps suggested it at the time.

Once the reunion happened and they obviously weren't going to release something....they started pushing it on their social media!

I'm not surprised by it outperforming AFD. This always happens with high profile bands that reunite. It's why most of them release a new compilation. Casual fans...the majority of the audience.... always gravitate towards hits collections.

Edit

Sad to me that it has so many cover songs. GN’R had a lot of great original material and some pretty important songs are missing from this collection. Yet that’s the only exposure to the band that a lot of people will have.

James

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Edit

Sad to me that it has so many cover songs. GN’R had a lot of great original material and some pretty important songs are missing from this collection. Yet that’s the only exposure to the band that a lot of people will have.

The track list for the canceled GH 2 was so much better.......

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE: THE VERY BEST OF GUNS N' ROSES

Disc One

Jungle
Brownstone
SCOM
Civil War
14 Years
Used To Love Her
Out To Get Me
Down on the Farm
My Michelle
Coma
Move to the City (live)
November Rain
Nightrain
Live and Let Die
Don't Cry (demo)

Disc Two

It's So Easy
You Could Be Mine
KOHD (live)
Patience
Pretty Tied Up
Shadow of Your Love
Double Talking Jive
Locomotive
Dead Horse
You're Crazy (Lies)
Yesterdays
Estranged
Rocket Queen
Paradise City
Jungle (demo)

It has some faults too....but it's a good representation of the discography.

Sky Dog wrote:

That’s every song they have! Just buy the albums!

Board footer