You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: How do you feel about CD potentially being the last GNR album?

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

A couple years back Slash said they were going to release a bunch of singles and eventually cobble them together into an album. This is looking increasingly unlikely with Slash alluding to only 4 more songs being done. Slash says he hopes for GNR to record a brand new full length album after this tour, but with them not even writing a single note of new music since the reunion began this seems even more unlikely. So, if all we get is a few more singles and that's it, how do you feel about CD being the last studio album released under the GNR name?

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

The songs are great, the (over-)production is awful, and it was promised as part if a larger project, so we at least need CD2 for a sense of closure. Preferably as it existed and was intended a decade or more ago.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

A couple years back Slash said they were going to release a bunch of singles and eventually cobble them together into an album. This is looking increasingly unlikely with Slash alluding to only 4 more songs being done. Slash says he hopes for GNR to record a brand new full length album after this tour, but with them not even writing a single note of new music since the reunion began this seems even more unlikely. So, if all we get is a few more singles and that's it, how do you feel about CD being the last studio album released under the GNR name?

I don’t think “not even writing a single note” is true for any of them but Axl. Slash has said several times in interviews that he had stuff specifically written for SMKC and for GN’R.

But as long as Axl is at the helm, it will probably stay that way unfortunately.

I think it would be a real shame if CD is the last album under the GN’R banner. It has its moments, but will never be considered a true GN’R album. I hope they can get it together to get at least one album out with the NITL lineup.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:

CD is a trash album in my opinion. It's a stain on the catalogue. It should be retconned entirely 16

It will suck if that's the last GnR album but reality is it likely will be.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

chinese democracy is a bloody masterpiece! Furious, depressive and metal. The variety, the epic, the guitars and the killer voice of Axl make it a helluva killer album!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Nah, we need an album from this line-up – preferably with at least some of the songs written by this lineup – for closure.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I feel towards the album what I feel about GNR in general: so much wasted potential and too many promises that were just smoke and mirrors.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I love the album just wish beaven mixes had been used. I came to terms with it probably being there last album of new stuff a long time ago

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I love the album, but I would like a remix/remaster one day to make it more rocky.

But I also don't think it will be the last GNR record - I think we'll eventually get some type of new album using the stuff Slash/Duff redid along with whatever else.

Knowing GNR we won't like what it contains entirely or how it's presented to us - but it will eventually happen I think.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I kinda feel that the end of Prostitute could be a fitting end to the GnR albums

Board footer