You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: How do you feel about CD potentially being the last GNR album?

James wrote:

Yep.

It's too redundant.... not just in being ballad heavy but in its subject (Slash, old band, Steph).

Even more songs in the Village Sessions doesn't move the needle in the other direction.

UYI 2 suffers similar to CD. It lucks into having the monster rocker(YCBM) on the album. Imagine the album without that.....

Chinese Democracy doesn't have the luxury of a YCBM to bail it out of a funeral dirge.

It still blows me away that he had nothing to say as an artist about the world of the 1990s-2000s. Our culture was moving fast and after 9-11, the world was changing before our eyes.

Civil War.... which is probably their best song...now stands out as an anomaly in the discography.

I know Slash bailing and classic GNR imploding was a monumental event in his life...so was Stephanie leaving....in more ways than one unfortunately....but I wish he had covered more ground lyrically. He was still in his prime at that point.

Edit

On the subject of CD being ballad heavy....

In 2004-5 Tommy mentioned the possibility of the album being short....makes me wonder if they briefly considered trimming some of the fat.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

We might yet be surprised by “The General” and the other tracks we have not yet heard. There could be some real masterpieces there.

What we have gotten from the storage locker could still revitalize the shows: “Atlas,” “Perhaps,” crap, Duff could have his own instrumental bass solo segment by doing “Devious Bastard.”

Yeah, we are desperate and/but the band should be, too.

Remember the Groupon offers for discount GNR tickets in 2011 or 2012? We are swiftly heading back there by the day.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Tommy had some things to say about what probably lead to the reunion happening, as well as there being a lot of unreleased songs, some with vocals, some without, as well as leftovers from the original band.

Nothing new, but still interesting

https://blabbermouth.net/news/tommy-sti … ns-n-roses

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Brando does get some good guests to be fair to him, ill give that a listen later

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He’s still saying there’s stuff from Slash and Duff in the 90s. That’s crazy, but I wonder if it’s just more instrumentals. And yeah, CD should’ve been a double album

Board footer