You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: New Duff album "Lighthouse" coming October

Slash, Iggy Pop and Jerry Cantrell guesting on it: https://duffonline.com/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Hmm...I may have to check this out while we wait for a new GNR song.

Unfortunately...I'm not really into Slash or Duff solo material and haven't been in a very long time.

It's too much of the same thing over and over although in fairness to Duff, other than those songs he recently put out, haven't heard one of his albums in years.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I plan to listen to zero tracks. I like some of Duff’s other projects (namely Neurotic Outsiders) but I know this won’t do it for me.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I wish Duff would at least put out something like Loaded or Neurotic Outsiders. This acoustic stuff sounds very bland to my ears.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I wish Duff would at least put out something like Loaded or Neurotic Outsiders. This acoustic stuff sounds very bland to my ears.

I actually bought the whole walking papers album and didn’t make it through the first song. He’s a great supporting musician though.

Sky Dog wrote:

He’s a great bass player and great person to have on your team. I am fan of very little solo music from all of GNR’s past and present members. Sure, there are a bunch of individual tracks that are great. However, the only album I really dig is Izzy’ Ju Ju Hounds record from 1992.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I actually bought the whole walking papers album and didn’t make it through the first song. He’s a great supporting musician though.

Yeah, the first album is a bit hit and miss. The second Walking Papers album WP2, is great though. I actually think that’s one of the best albums released with a GN’R member involved.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I fucking love Walking Papers. The first song on the first album probably isn't the best introduction to them, though. Try this on for size:

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

The track with Slash is from the unreleased Beautiful Disease record. I wonder whether it's the exact same version or whether he updated the track

I'm still wondering though what happened to the solo album he started w/ Izzy back in 2015

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Vale wrote:

The track with Slash is from the unreleased Beautiful Disease record. I wonder whether it's the exact same version or whether he updated the track

I'm still wondering though what happened to the solo album he started w/ Izzy back in 2015

I noticed that too. The lead guitar Slash plays on the 1997 version is great.

Board footer