You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: New Duff album "Lighthouse" coming October

ClaudeF wrote:

Has Duff ever said if he has tried to buy back the rights to Beautiful Disease? It would be great to own and hear but not at eBay prices.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I met Duff after a Walking Papers Show back in 2013 and asked him about the album. He really appreciated the interest in it, but said that he won't pursue it - too complicated and not worth the costs :-(

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

“Not worth the costs” was probably his mindset pre-NITL era. Surely he has more than enough millions in the bank to get it back now.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I don't think that's the issue. With all of his investments he would have had enough money for it pre-NITL. The point is that buying the rights back will not make as much profit as it would cost.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Absolutely.

Beautiful Disease would sell about 30-50 copies and get around 10-30k streams.

It's not worth anything now unfortunately...and he knows it.

seba1186
 Rep: 0 

seba1186 wrote:
Vale wrote:

The track with Slash is from the unreleased Beautiful Disease record. I wonder whether it's the exact same version or whether he updated the track

I'm still wondering though what happened to the solo album he started w/ Izzy back in 2015

In the live interview with Jerry Cantrell he said that he re-recorded the vocals so it sounded similar to the rest of the album tracks..

Board footer