You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Eagles Farewell Tour

James wrote:

Eagles_All_Dates_2160x2160_54b23a52-dae9-4c3d-8a7a-977165200268.jpg?v=1688597744&width=750

"The Eagles have had a miraculous 52-year odyssey, performing for people all over the globe; keeping the music alive in the face of tragic losses, upheavals and setbacks of many kinds. Credit and thanks go to our longtime management team, our dedicated road crew, and our exceptional backup musicians for providing skilled and steadfast support, throughout these many years. We know how fortunate we are, and we are truly grateful. Our long run has lasted far longer than any of us ever dreamed. But, everything has its time, and the time has come for us to close the circle. The official farewell tour is currently in the planning stages. We want to give all our fans a chance to see us on this final round.  So, scheduling information will be released as dates are set. The difficulties of booking venues for multiple nights may require us to return to certain cities, depending on demand.  But, we hope to see as many of you as we can, before we finish up. Most importantly, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for embracing this band and its music. At the end of the day, you are the reason we have been able to carry on for over five decades. This is our swan song, but the music goes on and on.”

With love and gratitude,
The Eagles

After more than 50 years of touring, and consistently selling out arenas and stadiums worldwide, the Eagles will embark on their final tour, “The Long Goodbye”.

Presale tickets and VIP packages will be available starting Wednesday, July 12 for all announced shows. The general on-sale will start Friday, July 14 at 10:00 AM local time

https://eagles.com/blogs/news/the-long-goodbye-tour

James

James wrote:

They're wrapping it up. Not really a surprise. All of those icons from those days are nearing the end of the line.

Also not surprising Deacon is back. Just can't pass up the money... paychecks are too big.

I am surprised by Steely Dan as the opener. Azoff clearly put this shindig together...he manages both brands.

Crazy how both only have one original member(Henley and Fagen).

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Yeah you'd think they could bring Bernie Leadon back into the fold for this tour. Since he did the guest spot on The History of the Eagles one.

Also, was present when the Grammy's did the tribute to Glenn Frey.

I'll likely try and get cheap tickets to his using tickpick or stubhub, the day of for the Detroit show.

I'd assume this could be a longer tour, or maybe like the Stones.

I don't know. Depends on Henley's health I suppose.

Walsh still looks good, and I assume Schmidt is doing fine. Didn't seem like Henley is in bad shape.

It's just a shame they never tried to get more albums done. Besides the Long Road Out of Eden.

They took Axl long with that album.

James

James wrote:

It's just a shame they never tried to get more albums done. Besides the Long Road Out of Eden.

They took Axl long with that album.

Two reasons...

They never really hid the fact that the reunion was all about the money

Not willing to risk old tensions flaring up and imploding the whole thing

They would go away a few years, tour, go away. They also aren't friends. The only time they are together is onstage. It's not really an environment that would lead to another prolific run.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Two reasons...

They would go away a few years, tour, go away. They also aren't friends. The only time they are together is onstage. It's not really an environment that would lead to another prolific run.

This probably applies to the Van Halen tours after Roth rejoined them as well.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Two reasons...

This probably applies to the Van Halen tours after Roth rejoined them as well.

Absolutely.

Eddie wanted to bury the hatchet early on, walked up to Roth backstage to hug him, and Dave told him to fuck off and kept walking.

Eddie and Alex had simply talked too much shit. The damage was irreparable.

Just like with GNR, that reunion should've been so much more than it was.

Only album they could pull together had to come from scrounging through ancient demos.

Sound familiar?  16

It's a miracle they did that. Without Wolfie egging it on, it never even happens.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Is there a source for the Eddie trying to hug Dave story? Never heard about that and doesn't really sound anything like Dave.

James

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Is there a source for the Eddie trying to hug Dave story? Never heard about that and doesn't really sound anything like Dave.

Just my memory of what was going on during the VH reunion. That first year was the only time I was following it.

Doesn't sound like Dave? Look up the old stories from his old manager in the 90s and the Black Crowes dealing with his massive ego and temper tantrums.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Just my memory of what was going on during the VH reunion. That first year was the only time I was following it.

Doesn't sound like Dave? Look up the old stories from his old manager in the 90s and the Black Crowes dealing with his massive ego and temper tantrums.

Yeah, but DLR has always had genuine affection for the VH brothers. Their family as well. Even when they were having their most bitter war of words during 1986 he called Eddie when his father Jan died. He and Alex are very close now and apparently speak weekly. Eddie was a very shy and sensitive person and if Dave had rejected a hug I don't think he'd have ever forgiven that slight. They weren't the best of friends but there wasn't any animosity between them throughout the reunion years.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Eddie wanted to bury the hatchet early on, walked up to Roth backstage to hug him, and Dave told him to fuck off and kept walking.

Eddie and Alex had simply talked too much shit. The damage was irreparable.

Just like with GNR, that reunion should've been so much more than it was.

Only album they could pull together had to come from scrounging through ancient demos.

Sound familiar?  16

It's a miracle they did that. Without Wolfie egging it on, it never even happens.

Yeah, they took too many shots at one another over the years.  Remember the MTV news interview after the failed reunion in 1996?  And Alex and (mostly) Eddie were just ripping on him.  That was brutal if you were DLR.

Guns doesn't seem that bad.  And to be honest, they seem to have gotten over the hurdles (Axl showing up late and the Paul Tobias stuff).    Maybe they'll never be close like they were before.  But they seem cordial and at least can tolerate each other's presecene off stage.

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

They weren't the best of friends but there wasn't any animosity between them throughout the reunion years.

No.  They were low key ripping on one another during the reunion as well.  You had to read between the lines type of stuff.  I was reading some New York Times articles.  And there were quotes if you read them, you could tell the reunion was just for the money and playing the old tunes.

Board footer