You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: Why do you think more singles haven't come out yet?

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

With the European tour now over without a single new track being debuted let alone released, what do you think the main cause is for the lack of new singles so far?

What do you think is the main cause of the delay in new singles?

Band not satisfied with mixes 0%
Physical copies not ready yet 0%
Axl too afraid to sing new songs live 0%
Axl too afraid of reception of new songs 6%
Waiting to use singles to boost NA tour ticket sales 31%
No one involved (the big three/TB) cares 50%
They decided to write new songs to make a full album (LOL) 0%
Something else 13%
Total votes: 16
Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Honestly at this point I think it's either something else or Axl being afraid of the reception. Getting a confirmation that he missed the right time to release it or that all that agony and work it was 20 years ago really was for nothing.

If they didn't care, they wouldn't be going through their catalogue finding obscure choices like "Anything Goes" or "SOYL" to have something different to play. Same with those pointless AC/DC covers. They are bored of their standard setlist themselves. Yet they do anything but play actual "new" stuff.

If they didn't care, they wouldn't have gone through the hassle of even re-recording those 6 songs.

If Axl didn't care, he wouldn't have been so cheerful when they first started playing Absurd. He clearly enjoys singing it.

So my money is on either they don't believe in the material or something else is going on

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I prey it's still happening for the NA tour.

I feel they do care or they wouldn't mix up the set, and they wouldn't have done absurd/hardskool.

We know the material is good.

It is possible they're waiting to make it into an album, but I hope not cos i'm getting old lol.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I don’t think Axl is worried about perception. He’s got Slash and Duff there to shoulder the criticism with him. For fuck’s sake the first “new” song this lineup released was fucking Silkworms.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I put "Something else" its obvious it's Axl but at this point who knows why. It could be a combo of some of those options or something else.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

The most obvious answer is money. They have always been motivated by money. I’m willing to bet the apprehension to do a full album and instead trickle out singles is they are hoping against hope for a market correction on new music with streaming services.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

FlashFlood wrote:

The most obvious answer is money. They have always been motivated by money. I’m willing to bet the apprehension to do a full album and instead trickle out singles is they are hoping against hope for a market correction on new music with streaming services.

I think that be true for some of them, it not like they merch so much crap out of stuff because they like the designs, but i also can't really think of a band that has left more money on the table than GN'R. They would have made more money if they reunited sooner & sold more music if they promoted it. So it can't just be that alone.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I honestly think it’s because Axl has difficulties in letting his work ‘go’, for want of a better expression. Is it perfectionism? Who knows. Maybe he gets a kick out of keeping things from people who desire it so badly.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think that be true for some of them, it not like they merch so much crap out of stuff because they like the designs, but i also can't really think of a band that has left more money on the table than GN'R. They would have made more money if they reunited sooner & sold more music if they promoted it. So it can't just be that alone.

I’ve already been proven wrong I guess but I do put stock into “we’re not working on this to keep it buried.”(paraphrasing)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I picked "No one involved (the big three/TB) cares" but it's clearly a combination of reasons...

Inept management

It's 20+ year old songs irrelevant in today's world

They won't be big sellers

They don't feel like promoting anything. Hell..they wouldn't promote the Ritz video yet it was the best thing the band had released since 1991. They didn't care.

Only two reasons why we might get more songs....

1. Songs leak

2. Promote the coming empty stadium US tour

Vale is right...they are bored senseless from their own material. Have to include various random covers to keep themselves engaged.

The moment the world gets sick of 87-91 nostalgia...and we're clearly getting close.... they're going to slam on the brakes and go on hiatus.

Is it perfectionism?

Perfectionists don't....

- Consider 20+ year old vocal takes final

- Scrape the bottom of a rotting vault (Eye On You) for extra vocals

- Allow shoddy mixing/mastering

- Hire clueless management and their hangers on to whip up third rate designs for their sweat shop merch

Need I go on?!?  18 16

The perfectionist myth really needs to be tossed into the bullshit pile once and for all.

The theory kinda made sense in the early 2000s. It no longer has a leg to stand on.

I’m willing to bet the apprehension to do a full album and instead trickle out singles is they are hoping against hope for a market correction on new music with streaming services.

Flash it's funny that you say this because us hardcore fans warned them of this 10+ years ago.  First downloading...then streaming. They didn't care because new music wasn't a priority.

Board footer