You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

AtariLegend wrote:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/new-guns- … ext-friday

https://preview.mira.umusic.com/page-pr … c83f1c85a9

In other words, likely leaked online within a few days. Maybe even hours.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Golf clap

Still plenty of time to back out!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

perr.png

As cheesy as that is, it's not bad as the cover for the single.

I can't complain...they're finally releasing the song after a needless 2 year wait.

The only question remains....

Did they ever work on it again during the 23 years from demo to release? That chorus is a fucking mess...and the repeated verse was clearly meant as a placeholder.

At least we only have days to wait for the answer.

Also hoping they actually put in some effort to promote it...a video, interview, and also that it leads to one more song.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

This is already more promo than anything they did for Hard Skool or Absurd.

Could there be more to be announced on Friday? Maybe. I won't get my hopes up though.

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

This is already more promo than anything they did for Hard Skool or Absurd.

Could there be more to be announced on Friday? Maybe. I won't get my hopes up though.

I'm not expecting anything more than this...and maybe one more song(General or Atlas). Basically a repeat of 2021.

If by some miracle from God they want to wrap the CD era up with an EP containing all the songs they reworked, it's best case scenario for hardcore fans because it means closure is finally here.

If they want me buying concert tickets, that EP is being uploaded as we speak....

James

James wrote:

If we get a full court press in the coming days...video, a massive social media blitz, interviews, etc.... we're definitely getting more than one song.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I don't think we'll be getting interviews specifically for these releases. It would be awkward anyway because of the origins of said songs. You can tell Slash is not really that enthusiastic about this process from the way he talks about the reworkings compared to his solo stuff.

James

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I don't think we'll be getting interviews specifically for these releases. It would be awkward anyway because of the origins of said songs. You can tell Slash is not really that enthusiastic about this process from the way he talks about the reworkings compared to his solo stuff.

It's definitely an awkward elephant in the room.

It was always going to be a problem with these songs getting released...no matter which lineup got "lucky" enough to release them.

All these songs predate the Bush-Gore election. The culture gap is massive. It's such a ridiculous premise that no other band has done it.

Instead of ignoring everything like they love to do because it requires no effort, steer into the skid.

Poke fun at the time lapse, compliment a couple CD era members (whoever gets a credit), and then talk about the unique opportunity of going into a situation where you're redoing these songs. Then mention you're touring.

It isn't rocket surgery...and this situation is a great example of why they need real management.

Without any effort...this is DOA just like the last two songs. Simply releasing a song won't move the needle. If they're releasing songs just for the sake of releasing them...fine. I'll take it. They just shouldn't be surprised with low YouTube views and few tickets bought.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

They seem to be following the 2021 routine, so either tonight or Tuesday we'll get a live debut with a release at midnight on Friday morning, then twords the end of September we'll get a 2nd song, probably wrapped up with another EP featuring a few other live songs (probably a couple of the recently reintroduced songs like pretty tied up, bad obsession and a live performance of perhaps) following the tour wrapping up. Hopefully they have their shit in order this time and don't make people wait until March 2024 to receive their copies

James

James wrote:
Dadud wrote:

They seem to be following the 2021 routine, so either tonight or Tuesday we'll get a live debut with a release at midnight on Friday morning, then twords the end of September we'll get a 2nd song, probably wrapped up with another EP featuring a few other live songs (probably a couple of the recently reintroduced songs like pretty tied up, bad obsession and a live performance of perhaps) following the tour wrapping up. Hopefully they have their shit in order this time and don't make people wait until March 2024 to receive their copies

If the physical copies aren't already stacked up in a warehouse ready to ship at a moment's notice, they shouldn't even bother.

It'll be old news and they'll just have to give copies away like last time.

Board footer