You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

jimmythegent wrote:

can I please get a PM?

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
James wrote:

Listening to this stuff is bittersweet.

As I was listening...I could picture myself in my mid 20s cruising down McHenry in my old Camaro with the windows down blaring Perhaps....

Yet here I am staring down the barrel of 50 listening to a crude bootleg recorded at a fucking bar.

Yeah, feels the same (although I never had a Camaro and am reaching 42).

Having said that, and I never thought I would think this way, Slash is ruining the CD era songs. If it wasn't for the leaks we would never compare, but his contributions are boring, not inspired nor inspiring and just sound like a first take with no effort.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
otto wrote:

Having said that, and I never thought I would think this way, Slash is ruining the CD era songs. If it wasn't for the leaks we would never compare, but his contributions are boring, not inspired nor inspiring and just sound like a first take with no effort.

It's the same problem w/Ron's contributions to the album: it just sounds pasted on and inorganic and weird.  At least Slash's contributions sound a lot more interesting in Old School but here it's sticks out for what it isn't.

This is why he should have released most of this stuff in 2000-2002.

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
otto wrote:
James wrote:

Listening to this stuff is bittersweet.

As I was listening...I could picture myself in my mid 20s cruising down McHenry in my old Camaro with the windows down blaring Perhaps....

Yet here I am staring down the barrel of 50 listening to a crude bootleg recorded at a fucking bar.

I have the same feeling if they ever made new music. I’ll take the reworked CD stuff but I’d much rather just have them release it all how it was suppose to be.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

Well now that you say it... We never heard The General, so only version we will probably hear is the finished version with slash, and I'm sure that will bring us new questions about it's original sound sins there is no way to compare it to early version.. So will you be contempt with just new version or will there be desire for original?

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Pm anyone please ?

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
Clear wrote:

Well now that you say it... We never heard The General, so only version we will probably hear is the finished version with slash, and I'm sure that will bring us new questions about it's original sound sins there is no way to compare it to early version.. So will you be contempt with just new version or will there be desire for original?

If we only ever get the reworked version then that’s what I have to live with. We atleast have the evader mix to somewhat compare it too.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

can I please get a PM?

from the previous page

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Thanks

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Ok I don't hear a huge issue with the handover from Robin to Slash there... This could be one of those instances where we are just too familiar with the demo...
Nice talkbox licks... looking forward to a proper mix as it sounds like there is quite a lot going on here...
Apart from some of the comical "aye ayes", Axl sounds great here...
Look forward to the debates as to how old/when the vocals were recorded...

First impression is that it is better/stronger than Hard Skool and Absurd

Board footer