You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

misterID wrote:

State of Grace was mentioned as another release.

Soul monster and Atlas def have vocals. And I find it really hard to believe that Quicksong and Oklahoma don’t have vocals by now

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

The thing is, they need a variety of songs to assert they aren’t creatively empty (even if they actually are — we fear the worst but still want to believe in these guys).

They also need a few opportunities to see what connects with a modern audience. One mid-tempo rocker isn’t going to do that.

“Absurd” was crap compared to “Silkworms” and can probably be retired when some new tracks are released.

Release at least four songs so they can honestly call it an EP. I would prioritize anything we have NOT heard but would be satisfied with:

“Atlas”
“Perhaps”
“Oklahoma”
“The General”

misterID

misterID wrote:

It simply could be that Team Brazil cannot negotiate an album release, just like they couldn’t when they handed over CD II

Could they be that inept? Yes. Yes they could

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
misterID wrote:

Soul monster and Atlas def have vocals. And I find it really hard to believe that Quicksong and Oklahoma don’t have vocals by now

I honestly think State of grace might've Morphed into the general with bits and peices of other songs.  Something about the last (raspy part) of the song sounds similar to parts of the cell phone clip. I just can't put my finger on what exactly though. Something in the synths

bacdi
 Rep: 0 

bacdi wrote:
Dadud wrote:
misterID wrote:

I honestly think State of grace might've Morphed into the general with bits and peices of other songs.  Something about the last (raspy part) of the song sounds similar to parts of the cell phone clip. I just can't put my finger on what exactly though. Something in the synths

This is a meme and no one has ever produced auditory evidence of anything in SOG and The General being the same.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Similar with the screaming but it’s totally different. General is built around that beat and has pretty clear structure. I wouldn’t be surprised if SOG was a Pitman tune

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
bacdi wrote:
Dadud wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is a meme and no one has ever produced auditory evidence of anything in SOG and The General being the same.

I'm not memeing, I'll throw a clip together if I have a chance tonight

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It simply could be that Team Brazil cannot negotiate an album release, just like they couldn’t when they handed over CD II

Could they be that inept? Yes. Yes they could

This is why I believe no album except when Azoff was at the steering wheel.

We'll get whatever songs Slash and Duff worked on one by one...and the total is 4 this year.

They worked on 4-6...let's hope it's six.

"Atlas”
“Perhaps”
“Oklahoma”
“The General”

Tack on Soul Monster to that as a bonus, and that's all I really need from the project.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I wish Axl or Duff would cover Going Down. Too good of a song to leave on the dust heap

misterID

misterID wrote:
Dadud wrote:
bacdi wrote:
Dadud wrote:

I'm not memeing, I'll throw a clip together if I have a chance tonight

Someone made a cleaned up version of General (evader?) and it’s pretty different than SOG but I’m interested at what you’ll come up with. I’ve been wrong before 16

Board footer