You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike McGann
 Rep: 0 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

Mike McGann wrote:

I have not listened
To any demos or leaks
Since 2008.

It’s all new to me…
Perhaps, Atlas, State of Grace…
Never heard any.

No locker room leaks,
Zero.  It’s ALL new to me.
So…I’m excited!!!

Splash

/Mike

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axl S wrote:

The 24khz flac is out. This is probably the best of the three reheated Chinese leftovers so far IMO. Brain's drums smoke the demo.

PM, anyone?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Duff played it second song in on his show. You’ll probably be able to listen to it on demand after his show is done in the SXM app.

After the song he talked about it a little bit with his wife. Mentioned the song “has a lot of great performances” which I think is his way of saying 45 people play on it. They also joked about the TouchTunes leak. Absolutely nothing earthshattering.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It came out in Australia midnight Friday morning, so assume you guys will get it at the turn of the clock too.

Loving Axl's songwriting on this one, I like the rocky slash/duff interpretation of the verses etc. Still not 100% on if this solo is better than the demo - and I miss a few of Axl's higher vocals like "save me" but hey it's his song. I assume these things will pass as this version becomes my mainstay on my playlists and I get used to it.

I'm just glad it's out. Nice to have some new GNR!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

When host Eddie Trunk noted that "Hard Skool" in particular was a strong cut, Slash said: "These other ones, they don't have the same kind of amount of history, 'cause I know 'Hard Skool' seriously has… [it] goes way back. But there's a couple of epic ones coming out, so I'm excited about that."

Looks like they’re going the Billy Idol route right now and releasing a track or two at a time. But it does seem Hard Skool is a track that dates back to the 94-96 demos

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Hard Skool has to be the "Jackie Chan" track that Duff talked about back then.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Axl S wrote:

The 24khz flac is out. This is probably the best of the three reheated Chinese leftovers so far IMO. Brain's drums smoke the demo.

PM pleaseeeee

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Reading up on this, they re-recorded these songs remotely during the pandemic which explains so much about production quality. I will say they sound completely different in my car (fantastic) than they do in my headphones

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I still think Hard Skool was re-recorded in 2019. Slash is often not great with dates and whatnot, and may have forgotten some of the recordings were pre-pandemic. That guy leaked that Slash was recording at Axl's house in April 2019 and even showed a picture of the amp he would be using. In September 2019 they were rehearsing Hard Skool before the first show on 9/21 and it was on the setlist, I think it was already good to go.

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m thinking Atlas will be next since it was pretty much done at the time. Perhaps and Atlas actually sound like adult, elevator rock…..which, is what they are now! Catcher in the Rye same thing.

Board footer