You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

https://www.troccolitm.com/Post062885.JPG
There was a time where it was Guns And Roses. Perhaps it's unsold crap left over from 1985.

Why do people buy that kind of crap

I can easily excuse it....in 1985

They're not iconic yet so mistakes like that might have happened on a regular basis on flyers, billboards, etc.

Any mistakes like that post- summer 88 is either due to bootleg merch or incompetence.

The fact it is officially sanctioned by management is mind boggling...or would be mind boggling if it were a different band/management.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

There was a time where it was Guns And Roses. Perhaps it's unsold crap left over from 1985.

They're not iconic yet so mistakes like that might have happened on a regular basis on flyers, billboards, etc.

Any mistakes like that post- summer 88 is either due to bootleg merch or incompetence.

The fact it is officially sanctioned by management is mind boggling...or would be mind boggling if it were a different band/management.

Just wait for the magic 8 ball keyrings you know are coming

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Exactly. It is the same thing as when the brand new Led Zep were advertised as … something else. Not an official product the band or management had its hand in.

lenzefflin.jpg

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

This is the only band that I can think of that keeps on reinventing and lowering the bar in terms of management incompetentce.  Every time you think they hit rock bottom, they redefine it.  Bravo, Team Brazil!

I guess we should be lucky that new music is finally being released.  I do wanna hear Perhaps and see if they fixed/fleshed out the weak parts of the song, mainly the choruses.

Sky Dog wrote:

It hasn’t been released yet…just saying

Shacklermyrye

Sky Dog wrote:

Yeah we don't have it untill we have it. When I noticed that the link no longer goes to the pre save link and instead goes to the Official site i thought "oh fuck" for a second. Any other combo like linkfire/thegeneral or Atlas just leads to a 404 though, at least Perhaps leads to something so I think we are ok.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Yeah we don't have it untill we have it. When I noticed that the link no longer goes to the pre save link and instead goes to the Official site i thought "oh fuck" for a second. Any other combo like linkfire/thegeneral or Atlas just leads to a 404 though, at least Perhaps leads to something so I think we are ok.

I think the link was still unfinished,  it's still coming just because If not it will appear 404 error

Shacklermyrye

Just blasted the locker leak version on my studio monitors 9 First time i have listened to it in a while. Parts of it are heavier than I remember, out of all the locker leaks it probably sounds like the most natural evoloution from a UYI sound. Hope the mix on the official version isn't as bad as Hardskool.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Just blasted the locker leak version on my studio monitors 9 First time i have listened to it in a while. Parts of it are heavier than I remember, out of all the locker leaks it probably sounds like the most natural evoloution from a UYI sound. Hope the mix on the official version isn't as bad as Hardskool.

I gave it a spin on my home stereo when I finally got home. Yeah it's pretty good for what it is...could've fit on UYI II next to So Fine.

Look forward to a properly mixed/mastered version...which as you noted...isn't always a good thing in the world of GNR. 18

I really wish they'd release a B side with it but as a streaming only release...it won't get one.

Shacklermyrye

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I gave it a spin on my home stereo when I finally got home. Yeah it's pretty good for what it is...could've fit on UYI II next to So Fine.

Look forward to a properly mixed/mastered version...which as you noted...isn't always a good thing in the world of GNR. 18

I really wish they'd release a B side with it but as a streaming only release...it won't get one.

No i think if they do a pysical release then it may have live b-sides but possibly not.
I find it more likely they might follow the pattern from last time. Even if it wasn't outraguously sucsessful (i don't think they care too much with these tracks, they would promote them more if they did)

What I mean is I expect the song to be streaming only/download through Amazon then later in the year another song, probably The General to come out as an EP with Perhaps on it and a few live songs. I'm pretty sure Creative works London have done a video for The General & it's very likely it's there work on the magic 8ball stuff too.

Although given the quality of the Facebook video's they have been putting out I'm almost more inclined to say a documentary could be on the cards.

I just want to know if my guess at The General lyrics are close lol. I spoke to Evader last month and I think the only reason he has any interest left in the band is so he can know how close he got with the words too.

Board footer