You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events...

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was just thinking about you, Mitch. Did you ever get that lawsuit straightened out of those employees trying to take your business away from you?

Thank you for asking…there are two types of damages in a law suit..punitive vs compensatory…

I’ve won $338k in compensatory alone…punitive is still being letigated…could be $3 million before it’s all said and done…we’re about to enter year 9….not sure what this will all lead to….the $338k is being held in ESCROW believe it or not…they appealed and that’s been going on for some time…by going on i mean sitting in someone’s stack untouched and collecting dust….since September 2022.

This has been the slowest game of chess ever…but thank you for asking.

I’m glad it’s working out for you, bud. Lawsuits are the absolute worst. Just tedious and draining, emotionally, physically, spiritually. But you have to fight. I hope it all turns out okay.

Today I was literally going to ask in this thread if anyone had heard from you and how this case was working out. Weird stuff! 16

If i ever actually collect, I’ll throw down $50 to update this site from its geocities (is that how you spell it?) version. 21

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Please don't fuck with this site's layout. It's my anchor. It's pretty much the only way I know we're in the same universe as we once were. Like come on...this is not the real future of the 1990s....it has it charms for sure....but i can't take it serious as the evolution of that era.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We can’t do this to monkey!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-mocker … 58345.html

This is another good rehash of my stance on Trump. Why him? What's so special about him that one is willing to tear down everything mostly in the pursuit of personal revenge? Like toddlers, they'll just double and triple and quadruple down on the same crap.

He has no real political agenda or stance on much of anything anymore outside of what's mentioned above. I have no idea what it's like to get away with one shitty thing after another...he must feel invincible.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Please don't fuck with this site's layout. It's my anchor. It's pretty much the only way I know we're in the same universe as we once were. Like come on...this is not the real future of the 1990s....it has it charms for sure....but i can't take it serious as the evolution of that era.

Relax it was a joke…

Just curious tho…what is your take on what the future should have looked like?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Why would anyone vote for Marion Barry? Or still lionize Ted Kennedy, who literally got away with murder. It’s not just Trump or right wingers. People loved Pablo Escobar and Al Capone. They love the most abhorrent rappers and rock stars. Huey Long was one of THE most corrupt politicians ever, and people still love the guy. When you hate the other side so badly your common sense and decency can take a backseat in who you support sometimes

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm also not exactly sure what you mean about 2021 and leaving Trump behind

Republicans started to abandon Trump in the aftermath of the election insanity. This was the moment for the left to stop talking about him. He might have faded away.

They didn't...and he didn't.

They were also starting to drop him when Desantis started to rise but instead they doubled down.

If Trump grabs the presidency again...they deserve all the blame.

They can't be a goddamn 24/7 infomercial for someone they supposedly despise.

Trump isn't even a Republican, he's an opportunist.

Of course. The only reason he didn't run as a democrat is because their primaries are rigged. He had to run as a republican because it was the only way a fringe candidate can gain traction and take it.

And personally I think media like John Stewart, Colbert, etc are just as poisonous to discourse as right wing radio

Absolutely.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It'll stay this way until the end.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

The news out of Maui is a fucking tragedy.

So many awesome historic places just gone. The city-block-long Banyan tree might not survive.

Mick Fleetwood’s restaurant, which was a cool Fleetwood Mac museum with vintage photos and instruments, is ash.

Fucking hell.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

The news out of Maui is a fucking tragedy.

So many awesome historic places just gone. The city-block-long Banyan tree might not survive.

Mick Fleetwood’s restaurant, which was a cool Fleetwood Mac museum with vintage photos and instruments, is ash.

Fucking hell.

Yeah its fucked. I was there. Stayed in the area. Visited that tree as well. Crazy shit. Was going to be heading back next year too.

Board footer