You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Snow White

James wrote:

Have you guys seen anything about this nonsense? It's off the charts insanity combined with bottom of the barrel stupidity.

Disney’s live-action ‘Snow White’ under fire for replacing seven dwarfs with ‘magical creatures’ of all sizes, genders

NYPICHPDPICT000014090109.jpg?resize=683,1024&quality=75&strip=all

NYPICHPDPICT000014090045.jpg?resize=576,384&quality=75&strip=all

Disney’s forthcoming live-action “Snow White” is under fire for being so “politically correct” that it’s reimagining the seven dwarfs as “magical creatures” of all sizes and genders.

The film, which is slated for release next year with Hispanic actress Rachel Zegler as the fairy tale heroine, made waves this week after a Snow White stand-in was seen wandering around Bedfordshire, England, followed by a gaggle of brightly colored friends of various genders, races and sizes, modernizing the 1937 film.

Not everyone is bewitched by the Mouse House’s modern take on the fairy tale, as critics began attacking the set photos, with some calling them “unbelievable.”

“#GoWokeGoBroke,” one Twitter user wrote.

Another said: “Looks like the Woke don’t care much for dwarves. And…they have a girl swarf now.”

One user teasingly changed the name of the film to: “Snow white and the seven diversity hires.”

Another asked: “Where’s the dwarf equity?”

It’s not the only modernization that the film has made, as it was announced earlier that there will be no Prince Charming coming to save a lost Snow White, but instead focus more on the main character following her leadership dreams.

The live-action version of the 1937 animated classic has received immense backlash since it was announced.

“Game of Thrones” actor Peter Dinklage, who has dwarfism, criticized the film early on for its portrayal of the disability.

"Literally no offense to anyone, but I was a little taken aback [when] they were very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White, but you’re still telling the story of ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,'” he said in January 2022.

“You’re progressive in one way but then you’re still making that f–king backward story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together. What the f–k are you doing, man? Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox? I guess I’m not loud enough.”

In response, Disney said it was taking a “different approach” to “avoid reinforcing stereotypes” from the original film.

“We are taking a different approach with these seven characters and have been consulting with members of the dwarfism community,” it said in a statement to Deadline.

Zelger, who made her film debut as Maria in Steven Spielberg’s 2021 remake of “West Side Story,” defended the “Snow White” changes.

“People are making these jokes about ours being the PC Snow White, where it’s like, yeah, it is, because it needed that,” she told Vanity Fair in October.

“It’s an 85-year-old cartoon, and our version is a refreshing story about a young woman who has a function beyond ‘Someday My Prince Will Come.’”

The upcoming remake was written by “Barbie” director Greta Gerwig and directed by Marc Webb.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/15/disneys-l … en-dwarfs/

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

It's Disney I've come to expect this type of PC bullshit from them.  That being said, maybe they should just pen a different movie and not ape off this classic from the 1930s?

You want to make some fantasy about diversity or follwing leadership dreams?  Fine.  Just don't call it Snow White which has a totally different story anyway.  I'm shocked those assholes haven't remade Bambi yet, or maybe they did.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Why not just let the the story fade into obscurity....Hollywood is so devoid of originality these days it makes me wanna vomit

Board footer