You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The NFL 2008 Offseason Thread

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Further proof that Dallas is the toilet of the NFL, with no morals whatsoever. They're really the only team I could imagine doing this. Well, maybe the Dolphins would.

yeah cause the Cowboys don't have solid guys like Witten, Ware, Romo & James among others who are class acts. Also the "bad guys" who have gone there never seem to turn themselevs around  become better people do they?  Before you go saying the Cowboys are trash CC let's  not forget the Bengals are still in the league.  Trust me if Pac Man fucks up they'll cut him in a  heart beat. Players aren't signed in Dallas condition free.   Sorry bud but your comment just reaks of typical Cowboys hate and has no real merrit to it. Aquiring one player doesn't make them the toilet of the NFL. the NFL is littered with assholes who break societies moral code. You can's single out the Cowboys for that especially when they are far from the worst.

The Boys are gonna rule in 2008-09

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

This from Deion Sanders:

"The Cowboys' infrastructure gives players with troubled pasts a chance to succeed in turning around not only their lives, but their careers. And that's something  other NFL teams need to be doing - providing a better support system for their personnel."

The Pro Bowl corner in his day knows the Cowboys should be looked at as the model for their work.

Think what you want about Prime Time but he's been in Dallas and he was once considerd a "problem" or a "risk" as well. Obvioulsy not to the extent of Pac Man but still. the Cowboys do have a reputation for rehabilitating players. Not only geting their careers back on track but their personal lives as well.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

The Cowboys certainly arent the only ones. And you do have quality guys like Witten.

And trust me, if the Giants signed Pac Man, I would still be up in arms. He has NO place in the league. All the ground that Goodell had made with regards to player accountability, etc. has all gone down the tube with the partial re-instatement (and eventual full time re-instatement).

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Coming off Super Bowl win, Strahan to retireby Jay Glazer

Updated: June 9, 2008, 10:17 AM EST 23 comments add this RSS blog email print The New York Giants will begin their road to a defense of their Super Bowl title when mini-camp begins on Wednesday. That defense, however, will be attempted without the services of their team leader Michael Strahan.

After a lengthy and '” for Strahan '” up-and-down decision-making process, Strahan said he's hanging up the cleats and wanted to finalize a decision before his teammates gathered for their mini-camp. For months fans, other players and his own teammates have wondered whether he would return or not.

"It was important that my teammates knew which way I was going before they got on the field to start the work to defend our title," the team's all-time sack leader said from California. "It's time. I'm done."

Strahan finally made up his mind a week ago but wanted to take the extra days to make sure his feeling on the matter was 100 percent.

He has long believed retirement was the route he would choose but the finality of it gave him problems. In the past two years Strahan said he has spoken with many high-profile retired players and asked for their advice on retired life, the emotions of the decision and how they knew they were done. The one consistent theme was this: once you're done, it's forever. Thus, the finality was what posed the biggest problem for Strahan in making the ultimate decision.

"It's a tough decision but I wanted to be fair to the Giants and fair to my teammates," he said.

He leaves the Giants as the team's all-time quarterback sack leader and a sure-fire first-ballot Hall Of Famer. He also leaves after having donned the Blue and White more than any player in Giants history.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8225 … -to-retire

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ashame, he was a great player for so many years, but it is time. What better way to leave than the SB victory they just had?!

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Ashame, he was a great player for so many years, but it is time. What better way to leave than the SB victory they just had?!

Yep it probably was time. He still could have gone another year and been one of the best Defensive Ends in the game, but what better way to go out, than on top.

Jon Runyan had some really nice comments about him, which was nice to hear, since they were huge rivals and all.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yep it probably was time. He still could have gone another year and been one of the best Defensive Ends in the game, but what better way to go out, than on top.

Jon Runyan had some really nice comments about him, which was nice to hear, since they were huge rivals and all.

It really is fitting that he goes out the same year as Favre too.  As respect for handing him a record.

(sorry man, I couldn't resist.  Seriously, one of the best ever whether he retired this year, five years from now, or five years ago.)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, perfect timing.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Further proof that Dallas is the toilet of the NFL, with no morals whatsoever. They're really the only team I could imagine doing this. Well, maybe the Dolphins would.

yeah cause the Cowboys don't have solid guys like Witten, Ware, Romo & James among others who are class acts. Also the "bad guys" who have gone there never seem to turn themselevs around  become better people do they?  Before you go saying the Cowboys are trash CC let's  not forget the Bengals are still in the league.  Trust me if Pac Man fucks up they'll cut him in a  heart beat. Players aren't signed in Dallas condition free.   Sorry bud but your comment just reaks of typical Cowboys hate and has no real merrit to it. Aquiring one player doesn't make them the toilet of the NFL. the NFL is littered with assholes who break societies moral code. You can's single out the Cowboys for that especially when they are far from the worst.

The Boys are gonna rule in 2008-09

Gonna rule in 08-09?? Who's their quaterback?

Exactly. Smells like a 11-5, division winning, loss in their first playoff game, kind of year.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Gonna rule in 08-09?? Who's their quaterback?

If Romo fails I can see Dallas signing Vick for next year.

Board footer