You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The NFL 2008 Offseason Thread

PaSnow wrote:

It sounds like the Asante Samuel signing is official. Press conference keeps getting pushed back, probably dotting the i's & crossing the T's on the contract.

Now let's see if they make another move (trade Lito, get a WR) we'll see.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

The physical was probably what was holding it up. I think he signed a 6 year deal, right?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

dammit that sucks for NE 17

Browns signed Anderson to ta 3 year $24mill contract...i wonder if Brady Quinn is up for grabs now?

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Dont worry too much about it Neemo. The Pats have a proven track record that they know what they are doing, and dont over-value their own talent. If there is anyone in the league that can take a player, plug him into his system, and be successful, its Bill Belicheck. They have done this in the past.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah and there is also those players that leave NE and not live up to their success that they enjoyed in NE under Belicheck...its just Samuel was a game breaker at times...it'll be hard to fully replace that, still i expected it last year after he went for long term & big bucks...NE doesnt like to make those kinda deals

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

NE looks to be losing its incredible team piece by piece(like the 85 Bears), although like NY says Belichick is usually able to overcome these sorts of obstacles.

Brady Quinn needs to be put on the trading block.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yeah it will definatly be interesting to see what Cleveland does with Quinn now that they have signed Anderson to a 3 year deal. I bet they keep him though. They should stick with Anderson.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I would assume Cleveland will keep Quinn for at least this year, that way they have more left in case what Anderson was able to do last year was some kind of fluke. 

I think they would probably be better off adding to the team with the pieces they could get for him, but NFL teams seem to like to have that insurance factor there.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have re-signed free-agent LB Lance Briggs (Bears) to a six-year contract worth $36 million.

This should make James happy!

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

^^  Makes me happy too.  I was worried they were going to make the same mistake they made with Rosey Colvin a few years back.

Board footer