You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: The NFL 2008 Offseason Thread

NY Giants82 wrote:

I was suprised that there seemed to not be a bigger market for Briggs. Considering all the other contracts given out so far, thats not a bad deal at all for the Bears.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm just shocked that he went back...cuz he was gonna quit after they made it to the SB....last year they really sucked

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Keeping Briggs isn't a bad thing of course, but the Bears need to be making additions. NOT signing the same damn people. Why didn't they go after Stallworth? Why not go after Moss? Why resign Grossman when there's other options?

This team doesn't want to win. I think Lovie Smith should be fired.

nugdafied wrote:

It's not Lovie Smith, it's the ownership. The Bears are a family business that are out to make money first and foremost. They're not football people, they're money people.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

You cant blame teams for sitting out during free agency. Really you cant. There are very few quality free agents that were available. I am not sure how much money Chicago had under the cap, but most teams had quite a bit of money. Its supply and demand. The result is medicore players getting outrageous contracts. So I dont think blaming teams for not spending is the right thing to do. Look to the draft for the future. I remember last year, the media "experts" and people on this very board, ripping teams, specifically the Giants, for not making a big splash in free agency. The Giants signed one free agent last year and that was to a one year, $1 million deal. They went on to win the friggin' Super Bowl!

The Grossman deal was a good deal for the Bears. He comes back on a one year contract that is cap friendly. If they bring someone else in, or if someone beats him out in camp, no biggie, they can cut him. But if they are not able to bring in anyone else, they need someone there to start. By re-signing Grossman, that doesnt stop them from signing or drafting another QB. I just dont understand the hate for re-signing him.

And come on, Moss isnt coming to a team that has question marks at QB.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Steelers QB, Ben Roethlisberger signed an 8 year, $102 million extension that is expected to be announced today.

WOW!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

or if someone beats him out in camp, no biggie, they can cut him. But if they are not able to bring in anyone else, they need someone there to start.

Rex Grossman is a 3rd string NFL QB. No way should he be in the hunt to start, he'd be a very bad backup. I'd rather take a crapshoot & get any other teams 3rd stringer & sign him on the hope you get lucky than have Grossman in contention to start. I agree the money was low, so it wasn't a "bad" move, it just wasn't a "good" move either.  It's like kissing your sister, as they say.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

or if someone beats him out in camp, no biggie, they can cut him. But if they are not able to bring in anyone else, they need someone there to start.

Rex Grossman is a 3rd string NFL QB. No way should he be in the hunt to start, he'd be a very bad backup. I'd rather take a crapshoot & get any other teams 3rd stringer & sign him on the hope you get lucky than have Grossman in contention to start. I agree the money was low, so it wasn't a "bad" move, it just wasn't a "good" move either.  It's like kissing your sister, as they say.

Right, but they need bodies there. Chicago had all the leverage in negotiations with Grossman. That is clear as day. Just because he's there now, doesnt mean he will be in week one.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

The Pats and Moss have agreed to a 3 year/ $27 million deal. Neemo can breathe now!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ haha they still gotta lock up Welker as well 18

Board footer