You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General confirmed next

ClaudeF wrote:

Brain again (from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7mH8ulKAbE ). Others have mentioned this but here is the full quote:

“But we called it ‘The General’ because we were we were eating general’s chicken but when I turned it in to Axl he thought it was called ‘The General’ because i was kind of making fun of Tommy as Tommy was, the band, you know, kind of like the MD. He was like the music, you know, the band’s musical director when we'd have rehearsals and he thought, like, you know, I was like poking fun at Tommy as being, like, you know, like a general, like, you know, like, ‘Okay, we're rehearsing at this time,’ and, you know, and that kind of shit, and I was like, ‘No, dude, it was because we ate general's chicken.’

“You know, we were writing all these crazy songs to try to turn in to, you know, and and these were coming from, like, you know, like, Extrakd is an old school dj and so this the shit we were putting together was crazy. You know, we were just we were just kind of going, like, ‘Okay,’ you know, ‘like, what samples should we find for Axl?’ Like, ‘Well he's kind of like Julius Caesar,’ so we were like sampling Julius Caesar, like, looking for albums, you know, and old school crazy shit and I think we sampled, like, ‘Ben Hur’ and chopped it up and cut it up and that became a jam called ‘Seven.’ I think we called it ‘Seven.’

“And then, you know, and I remember bringing ‘em, to, you know, the studio to have I think Roy Thomas Baker was producing at that point and, um, you know and he was we'd be playing the stuff and he'd be in you know. Like, one of the songs that actually is called the album that we're making now is called Mars Mechanics and, um, one of the songs we have on the album we put that one on the album and it was one of the ones that I played for Roy and you know he, he was like, ‘What is this? Reggae?’ You know? And I was just like, no, because it was like a Neil Young old-school jam that you know Mirv was just going off on but the whole thing was just like, you know, I was turning in all these, like, weirdo songs that were coming, you know, like, way far to the left or whatever and, you know, it was just kind of a crazy story of how that's one of them was ‘The General’ and I think Axl actually sang on ‘The General.’”

This seems to be the Mars Mechanics song he originally recorded with/for GNR:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's funny to think guys hoarded perhaps like it was some rare thing, and now it's all over everything on the net. Will happen to the General in a couple of weeks. And who knows what next? I would have liked to see this happen 15 years ago but it's delicious now.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

This week's theme:

"You Hoard ,You Lose"

F'n Hoarders , 
look at GNR cashing in on The General' 
Malibu , pulling That Money,  right out the Hoarders pockets lol  ; )

the thing about hoarding the general is that it will hold its value. everyones all "lol horders its worthless now".. the fact is the buckethead and/or bumblefoot versions that were recorded a decade plus ago might sound completely different to what we get, and to the right people will still be valuable.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

ClaudeF wrote:

Brain again (from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7mH8ulKAbE ). Others have mentioned this but here is the full quote:

from, like, you know, like, extracts as an old school dj and so this the shit we were putting together was crazy. You know, we were just we were just kind of going, like, ‘Okay,’

[/embed]
Pretty suree he meant "Extrackd is an old school DJ"

I cant remember for sure how he spells it but he is a DJ who has worked with Brain and done stuff with Buckethead before too, There is an interview out there with him on youtube somewhere

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Dadud wrote:

the thing about hoarding the general is that it will hold its value. everyones all "lol horders its worthless now".. the fact is the buckethead and/or bumblefoot versions that were recorded a decade plus ago might sound completely different to what we get, and to the right people will still be valuable.

They become a curiosity though.

I mean it's interesting to listen to the original Silkworms, then the Bumblefoot version then the studio. Just like it's fun to hear the 3 or 4 other old versions of Shadow of Your Love or whatever. But in the end of the day no one really cares other than real hardcores like us, and even most of us only care as a mild novelty in between listening to the commercial stuff. Not going to be commanding huge sums of money.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

from, like, you know, like, extracts as an old school dj and so this the shit we were putting together was crazy. You know, we were just we were just kind of going, like, ‘Okay,’

[/embed]
Pretty suree he meant "Extrackd is an old school DJ"

I cant remember for sure how he spells it but he is a DJ who has worked with Brain and done stuff with Buckethead before too, There is an interview out there with him on youtube somewhere

Good call: I fixed it. Here is his bio:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrakd

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Dadud wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

This week's theme:

"You Hoard ,You Lose"

F'n Hoarders , 
look at GNR cashing in on The General' 
Malibu , pulling That Money,  right out the Hoarders pockets lol  ; )

No way it holds its value. They had the chance for real money and blew it. No one is paying for those recordings. And if someone is willing, nowhere near what they could have gotten

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

If it keeps on raining, the Levi's gonna break.

unlucky777
 Rep: 0 

unlucky777 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

If it keeps on raining, the Levi's gonna break.

Never had The General.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
unlucky777 wrote:

Never had The General.

Just being punny, friend.

Board footer