You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General confirmed next

ClaudeF wrote:

They need to include the weird interludes.

The Beatles did it.

NIN does it.

Hell, Lauren Hill and Janet Jackson did it and pop music fans in the 1990s called them geniuses.

If that instrumental is intended as an intro, include it.

Get these abstract, mood-setting instrumentals out there to bookend and support the more traditional songs. They are equally amazing.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Part of the intro is in that clip is clearly looped but that's a way, way more engaging intro than the CD one.

It sounds like Jaws or something.

Imagine it leading into a tear your throat out riff.

That would be so killer.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I can hear the orchestra playing in the cellphone clip when the song quiets down so I think the orchestra intro track is for the whole song

Uncle Bob
 Rep: 0 

Uncle Bob wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Brain again (from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7mH8ulKAbE ). Others have mentioned this but here is the full quote:

from, like, you know, like, extracts as an old school dj and so this the shit we were putting together was crazy. You know, we were just we were just kind of going, like, ‘Okay,’

[/embed]
Pretty suree he meant "Extrackd is an old school DJ"

I cant remember for sure how he spells it but he is a DJ who has worked with Brain and done stuff with Buckethead before too, There is an interview out there with him on youtube somewhere

A friend of mine sent me this link of what he recorded during the Bucharest soundcheck. There is one track he named "unknown jam" that feels like it could be The General. There is an epic and serious vibe that kind of reminds to that cellphone clip
I have seen the video you posted on YouTube so I would like to know your thoughts about this
What do you think?
https://we.tl/t-8wz8h22HrR

I have no idea about how to send DMs here so here's the track, in case you need further proof to get the entire soundcheck, let me know

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Part of the intro is in that clip is clearly looped but that's a way, way more engaging intro than the CD one.

It sounds like Jaws or something.

Imagine it leading into a tear your throat out riff.

That would be so killer.

The riffs you can make out on the cell phone clip sound very promising. Very reminiscent of the Soothsayer chorus licks.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Since we're posting strange band jams...

That reminds me... does anyone have the 2006 set list picture with Prostitute on it?

I deleted all my old files

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Uncle Bob wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Brain again (from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7mH8ulKAbE ). Others have mentioned this but here is the full quote:

from, like, you know, like, extracts as an old school dj and so this the shit we were putting together was crazy. You know, we were just we were just kind of going, like, ‘Okay,’

[/embed]

I cant remember for sure how he spells it but he is a DJ who has worked with Brain and done stuff with Buckethead before too, There is an interview out there with him on youtube somewhere

A friend of mine sent me this link of what he recorded during the Bucharest soundcheck. There is one track he named "unknown jam" that feels like it could be The General. There is an epic and serious vibe that kind of reminds to that cellphone clip
I have seen the video you posted on YouTube so I would like to know your thoughts about this
What do you think?

I have no idea about how to send DMs here so here's the track, in case you need further proof to get the entire soundcheck, let me know

Thanks. I'm at work at the moment but had a quick listen. Parts do remind me of the general. But it's hard to say for sure. If you have anymore I'd love to hear it. On Friday or Saturday I should be able to improve the audio. I'll post more on this when I get home. Thanks man

Home now, I wish i had time to do it today, but Friday i should be able to improve the quality of this quite a bit.

from having listened to it a few times there's a few things that make me think it could be The General and a few things that don't.

at 1.46 Slash plays a riff that fits inline with the Bass riff Duff is playing at the start of the clip. Both of these fit the same pattern as axl's vocal melody in the heavy part of the 2010 cell clip to my ears (but i would need time to check).

When i did that video for youtube I kept some stuff back that i could have put on. One of which is the bass line, i was able to isolate some bass from the 2010 clip. On it's own it sounds awful of course, but there's enough there to hear that the bassline is a bit more involved than it appears on first listen. It's not just following the root notes. Now it does remind me of what Duff is playing at the start a fair bit however it sounds like Duff is playing a variation of what Tommy played (and higher up the neck)

I'm unsure at the moment, but look forward to pulling it apart if you can get me more.

Whatever it is I think it sounds great. Also the bit that sounds like keyboard or synth at the start may be natural harmonics on a clean guitar setting.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Since we're posting strange band jams...

That reminds me... does anyone have the 2006 set list picture with Prostitute on it?

I deleted all my old files

That sounds improvised AND it shows how frigging great those guys were as a unit. By all appearances they caught a vibe right on the spot and turned it into something cool.

Uncle Bob
 Rep: 0 

Uncle Bob wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Uncle Bob wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

[/embed]

What do you think?

Thanks. I'm at work at the moment but had a quick listen. Parts do remind me of the general. But it's hard to say for sure. If you have anymore I'd love to hear it. On Friday or Saturday I should be able to improve the audio. I'll post more on this when I get home. Thanks man

Home now, I wish i had time to do it today, but Friday i should be able to improve the quality of this quite a bit.

from having listened to it a few times there's a few things that make me think it could be The General and a few things that don't.

at 1.46 Slash plays a riff that fits inline with the Bass riff Duff is playing at the start of the clip. Both of these fit the same pattern as axl's vocal melody in the heavy part of the 2010 cell clip to my ears (but i would need time to check).

When i did that video for youtube I kept some stuff back that i could have put on. One of which is the bass line, i was able to isolate some bass from the 2010 clip. On it's own it sounds awful of course, but there's enough there to hear that the bassline is a bit more involved than it appears on first listen. It's not just following the root notes. Now it does remind me of what Duff is playing at the start a fair bit however it sounds like Duff is playing a variation of what Tommy played (and higher up the neck)

I'm unsure at the moment, but look forward to pulling it apart if you can get me more.

Whatever it is I think it sounds great. Also the bit that sounds like keyboard or synth at the start may be natural harmonics on a clean guitar setting.

Haha, that's amazing dude, thank you
No, I don't have anything else, I just meant that in case you wanted the other actual songs from the soundcheck as a proof that I'm not bullshitting, I can send you those
It's just I have no idea how DMs work here (been reading here without signing up for years and you're gone from mygnr lol)

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

I think it is the general and I don't think it was the intro to the 2006 tour, but instead more of the Chinese democracy intro("you've heard it before"). My hunch is that the general was meant to be the opening song to the 2nd or 3rd disc, or the outro of the trilogy.

Board footer