You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

Uncle Bob wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Uncle Bob wrote:

A friend of mine sent me this link of what he recorded during the Bucharest soundcheck. There is one track he named "unknown jam" that feels like it could be The General. There is an epic and serious vibe that kind of reminds to that cellphone clip
I have seen the video you posted on YouTube so I would like to know your thoughts about this
What do you think?
https://we.tl/t-8wz8h22HrR

Haha, that's amazing dude, thank you
No, I don't have anything else, I just meant that in case you wanted the other actual songs from the soundcheck as a proof that I'm not bullshitting, I can send you those
It's just I have no idea how DMs work here (been reading here without signing up for years and you're gone from mygnr lol)

Not sure I can improve it as much as I thought but here we go. I still cant decide if it's the general or something new entirely. I hope its something new, but that's probably just me being hopefull
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GopdSCHDt80

Raven5790
 Rep: 0 

Raven5790 wrote:

someone can share the original cell phone recording of the general? I had but I lost it when my hard disk's gone..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Uncle Bob wrote:

No, I don't have anything else, I just meant that in case you wanted the other actual songs from the soundcheck as a proof that I'm not bullshitting, I can send you those
It's just I have no idea how DMs work here (been reading here without signing up for years and you're gone from mygnr lol)

Not sure I can improve it as much as I thought but here we go. I still cant decide if it's the general or something new entirely. I hope its something new, but that's probably just me being hopefull

[/embed]

At this point..and the way these things play out...it's safe to say this is probably a part of The General.

It sounds interesting.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Uncle Bob wrote:

[/embed]

At this point..and the way these things play out...it's safe to say this is probably a part of The General.

It sounds interesting.

It's very likely given we know they are releasing it.
I have heard The General being described as like Sorry in style, and this does remind me a bit of the quiet sections of that. People on Reddit don't seem to think its even a song. But given Axl barely sings on songs in soundchecks why would he choose to sing on some random guitar tomfoolery?

It's clearly something at least. I'd like to believe it's not The General as it might imply there is a few more tracks to come. But logically it's most likely The General.
Thanks Uncle Bob.

James

James wrote:

Tantrum-Throwing-a-fit-Veruca-Salt-GIF.gif

I WANT THE GENERAL AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

In the context of this fan base this has to be one of the most hyped songs ever

James

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

In the context of this fan base this has to be one of the most hyped songs ever

It's historic and regardless of its quality or lack thereof...its release will go down as a top 5-10 moment in the history of these forums.

The only scenario that might compare is if Prostitute had gotten a single release in 2006 before anyone had heard it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Sounds pretty damn good. Do you have a copy of Evader's version? Would appreciate a PM from anyone who has it. Thanks!

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:

Just thought I would say State of Grace and The General are not the same song.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

If anyone else wants to try their hand at cleaning up the cellphone recordings that one might have been run through Audacity using “isolate center” to eliminate speaking voices immediately close to the phone, with that audio then duplicated as a second layer that was run through a Low Pass Filter to bring out the bass.

Not that I would know.

I do love how we are getting a chicken dinner after all.

https://media.tenor.com/b9rD8isn5bIAAAA … hicken.gif

Board footer