You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

I'm still of the mind they could be there to shoot a documentary

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

It is an option for sure!
I would like it

Shacklermyrye

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

It is an option for sure!
I would like it

I don't buy that they would keep employing them to just shoot little facebook video's. The Better video was also made by someone shooting doc footage. They don't just seem to be shooting at the gigs or backstage either, they seem to be shooting street shots ect of the places there going.

With Perhaps they shot soundchecks, so they could get Duff ect singing the right words on the song. That last clip shows they are still filming soundchecks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah..I also think another video is coming.

Dani has a point about song selection...in the old days. We live in a world where some artists record videos for every song on their albums.

A song with a video gets more attention than a song without one. If they want The General to get attention...it will have a video. If they don't want it to...it won't.

Shacklermyrye

I can understand the point about a video like Perhaps not working for a song like The General (although I would point out we don't know how the song may have changed) But them being there shooting stuff does not mean a video for another song would be the same style as Perhaps.

Same crew can easily shoot black and white footage of Axl sat at a piano alone, and cut in moody street shots, like The Garden for example. Or again could be for something that's not a music video.

I would like to know the camera's they are using. Netflix for example has a minimum spec camera that they except for current independant films/documentaries ect.

Raven5790
 Rep: 0 

Raven5790 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I can understand the point about a video like Perhaps not working for a song like The General (although I would point out we don't know how the song may have changed) But them being there shooting stuff does not mean a video for another song would be the same style as Perhaps.

Same crew can easily shoot black and white footage of Axl sat at a piano alone, and cut in moody street shots, like The Garden for example. Or again could be for something that's not a music video.

I would like to know the camera's they are using. Netflix for example has a minimum spec camera that they except for current independant films/documentaries ect.

I think they had their cameraman following every step they did for no specific purpose, most bands have it, for what purpose to use the content is up to the band, most of it just for media on the web, but of course they could use it for videos.. They did it for Hardskool too, for their lyric video or tour video.. I don't remember what they called it, weird tactic, they would have called it official video, it would fit too.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Imagine if they scored a deal with Netflix, similar to the sporting shows (breaking point, drive to survive etc), could be very cool.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah..I also think another video is coming.

Dani has a point about song selection...in the old days. We live in a world where some artists record videos for every song on their albums.

A song with a video gets more attention than a song without one. If they want The General to get attention...it will have a video. If they don't want it to...it won't.

I agree with you, what I really wanted to say was that a video like the one of Perhaps I think that will not fit a darker song like we believe is The General.
Something like the animated videos that Metallica did for 72 Sessions I think will work better, but it's only an opinion I don't know if people will like It more

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Uncle Bob wrote:

Haha, that's amazing dude, thank you
No, I don't have anything else, I just meant that in case you wanted the other actual songs from the soundcheck as a proof that I'm not bullshitting, I can send you those
It's just I have no idea how DMs work here (been reading here without signing up for years and you're gone from mygnr lol)

Not sure I can improve it as much as I thought but here we go. I still cant decide if it's the general or something new entirely. I hope its something new, but that's probably just me being hopefull
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GopdSCHDt80

[/embed]
Well, it looks like this is just The Garden according to Voodoochild at mygnr.

It reminded it me of The Garden, too, when I heard it, but then the vocal didn't sound much like it so I thought probably not. Alice Cooper was backstage at that show, so it makes sense that they were rehearsing it (maybe just in case).

Shacklermyrye

Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Uncle Bob wrote:

Haha, that's amazing dude, thank you
No, I don't have anything else, I just meant that in case you wanted the other actual songs from the soundcheck as a proof that I'm not bullshitting, I can send you those
It's just I have no idea how DMs work here (been reading here without signing up for years and you're gone from mygnr lol)

Not sure I can improve it as much as I thought but here we go. I still cant decide if it's the general or something new entirely. I hope its something new, but that's probably just me being hopefull
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GopdSCHDt80

[/embed]
Well, it looks like this is just The Garden according to Voodoochild at mygnr.

It reminded it me of The Garden, too, when I heard it, but then the vocal didn't sound much like it so I thought probably not. Alice Cooper was backstage at that show, so it makes sense that they were rehearsing it (maybe just in case).

If it's The Garden that's great news. More deep cuts the better i say.

Board footer