You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Re: The General confirmed next

Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Not sure I can improve it as much as I thought but here we go. I still cant decide if it's the general or something new entirely. I hope its something new, but that's probably just me being hopefull
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GopdSCHDt80

[/embed]
Well, it looks like this is just The Garden according to Voodoochild at mygnr.

It reminded it me of The Garden, too, when I heard it, but then the vocal didn't sound much like it so I thought probably not. Alice Cooper was backstage at that show, so it makes sense that they were rehearsing it (maybe just in case).

If it's The Garden that's great news. More deep cuts the better i say.

Yes. If it was The Garden, too bad they didn't play it eventually at that show with a guest appearance from Alice Cooper.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Maybe Alice will show up when they get to Phoenix? God knows they need help selling tickets. This is bad:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/19005E509A1C1614

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Uncle Bob wrote:

Haha, that's amazing dude, thank you
No, I don't have anything else, I just meant that in case you wanted the other actual songs from the soundcheck as a proof that I'm not bullshitting, I can send you those
It's just I have no idea how DMs work here (been reading here without signing up for years and you're gone from mygnr lol)

Not sure I can improve it as much as I thought but here we go. I still cant decide if it's the general or something new entirely. I hope its something new, but that's probably just me being hopefull
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GopdSCHDt80

[/embed]
Well, it looks like this is just The Garden according to Voodoochild at mygnr.

It reminded it me of The Garden, too, when I heard it, but then the vocal didn't sound much like it so I thought probably not. Alice Cooper was backstage at that show, so it makes sense that they were rehearsing it (maybe just in case).

This reminds me of that video clip a couple months ago, the screenshot showing a partial set list and speculation whether it's The General or The Garden.

I guess both were on the list after all. cool

Dani_1455 wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah..I also think another video is coming.

Dani has a point about song selection...in the old days. We live in a world where some artists record videos for every song on their albums.

A song with a video gets more attention than a song without one. If they want The General to get attention...it will have a video. If they don't want it to...it won't.

I agree with you, what I really wanted to say was that a video like the one of Perhaps I think that will not fit a darker song like we believe is The General.
Something like the animated videos that Metallica did for 72 Sessions I think will work better, but it's only an opinion I don't know if people will like It more

I agree it would be a helluva lot better if they branched out and did more creative videos.

IMO it's just too much to expect at this juncture. We're really lucky they're even doing these types of video.

Either way...this is the first time in eons we get to truly anticipate something. In the past 20+ years, any time there was video discussion, everyone knew deep down it was bullshit.

Now it's in the realm of possibility.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Maybe Alice will show up when they get to Phoenix? God knows they need help selling tickets. This is bad:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/19005E509A1C1614

As we've seen with these recent shows, they start moving tickets before showtime. It's likely a combination of the Perhaps promo drawing attention to the show, the drop in prices, and Live Nation is probably papering the hell out of these shows through various outlets.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Looks like the film crew that shot the Perhaps video is still out with them https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/vid … 9321143489

Possibly makes me think they could be shooting another music video.

Are they not just doing promo like all bands do? Look at the band's tweet on the 28th August about the Moncton, Montreal, NY, Pittsburgh and Boston shows. A minute of the footage they've been filming around the shows. A documentary or more music videos would be great, but suspect it's just to elevate the promo to prevent the US shows failing to sell tickets, which is appears a few of them are.

James

James wrote:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is so weird how they’re handling The General

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

They should've included a tiny clip of The General at the end of the ad.

It's definitely a strange way to handle what was the most hyped song of the saga.

I'm really starting to think it's going to be released as an afterthought to Perhaps and they're only doing it for us.

Any double A side fantasy scenarios quickly fading.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

They should've included a tiny clip of The General at the end of the ad.

It's definitely a strange way to handle what was the most hyped song of the saga.

I'm really starting to think it's going to be released as an afterthought to Perhaps and they're only doing it for us.

Any double A side fantasy scenarios quickly fading.

I've been thinking about this a lot. From what Sebastian Bach said, The General is the best song he'd heard from that era. We've also heard the Estranged sequel talk. So we're all expecting it to be a AAA title. Does this style of release mean it's not that in reality?

Or are they doing this to spike sales for the vinyl print for Perhaps that might otherwise have been modest? It would have been on Chinese Democracy in the first place if it was good, wouldn't it? Or was it one they were holding back for album 2?

It can't be that good a song if they're not releasing it as a standalone single, can it? Or should we expect it to drop randomly as a single once the Perhaps vinyl sells out?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I would guess it’s a way to pump up sales

Board footer