You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:

We didn't get it on Chinese Democracy because it didn't leak in the open. That album was just leaks and some bonus tracks to fill out the disc.

I still have high hopes for it. I'm just expecting it to be what could've been a killer deep cut on Chinese and pushing aside all the hype.

It can't pump up sales too much due to no one but hardcore fans knowing the song's history. It'll cause some hardcore fans to buy multiple copies though.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

We didn't get it on Chinese Democracy because it didn't leak in the open. That album was just leaks and some bonus tracks to fill out the disc.

I still have high hopes for it. I'm just expecting it to be what could've been a killer deep cut on Chinese and pushing aside all the hype.

It can't pump up sales too much due to no one but hardcore fans knowing the song's history. It'll cause some hardcore fans to buy multiple copies though.

Misterid had this quote from brain in another thread: Q: [...] I am very excited about Seven. Can you tell us anything about this song? Is it a rocker?
A: ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!! (Brain Mantia, Appetite for Discussion, Aug. 18, 2010)

Honestly sounds like he’s taking the piss out of Baz’s hype for unreleased CD tracks.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:

Which is why our best hopes to hear additional music … is more leaks!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James wrote:

Lol, I almost posted that they’d be releasing it right now had it leaked.

I don’t think Sorry, Catcher or TIL were ever meant for that first album and it was all related to leaks.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

It is comforting to know that whatever happens we are one day closer to hearing a fresh new song!

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

I'm surprised no demo has appeared ...yet 

Hoarders takin' it to the grave,

Or,
do most already have an early version this song under a different name? 

Raven5790
 Rep: 0 

Raven5790 wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

I'm surprised no demo has appeared ...yet 

Hoarders takin' it to the grave,

Or,
do most already have an early version this song under a different name? 

Before hearing the cell phone recording I have the same hipotesis because state of grace fit Sebastian Bach description on the song..

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

In case anyone wants to feel old, someone born during the 2002 VMAs when most of us were introduced to Nu-Guns, is now able to legally buy booze in the US and buy a handgun.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Can’t believe they stole the title from this!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1FOUvkQfl2k

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:
Raven5790 wrote:

Before hearing the cell phone recording I have the same hipotesis because state of grace fit Sebastian Bach description on the song..

He described as being the heaviest metal song he'd heard Axl do. Is it that? It's pretty industrial. It is slow and grinding and the second half of the song could fit the description of screaming vocals, so you could be right. Is there a link between State of Grace and The General as titles? Any movie reference of historical connection? Guns songs generally contain the song name in the lyrics and the main parts of the song seemed to have pretty well defined lyrics, that referencedthe word grace. State of Grace seems to be a fitting name for it. Where would the name The General come into it lyrically? There doesn't seem to be any link there unless I'm missing something. It's also one that they don't seem to take down from Youtube at all. It's been on there pretty much since it leaked, which always made me suspect it wasn't going to get a release.

I wouldn't mind State of Grace being The General, it's an outstanding demo that's for sure and it's one I've always been keen to hear released properly. It would kind of rob us of one AAA song though as most had hoped for State of Grace and The General separately.

Board footer