You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:
evader wrote:
James wrote:
evader wrote:

Just checking in to see who gets the brownie points - is it the guy whose clip was ruined or the guy who ruined it?

Also, why did you torture yourself by listening to that shit 15 times in a loop?

It's good to see you again.

Brownie points for the low quality. That was a pattern during recent leaks...shit quality clips/songs before the regular ones are leaked. It made it seem more legit.

While I heard a bunch of your stuff back in the day, I don't think I ever heard this infamous version of The General everyone talks about.

I listened on a loop to see if I could pick up on the vocals/lyrics...and yes it was awful. I played it really loud too. My neighbors probably think I'm even crazier than they did before yesterday.

James, I have nothing but respect for you (and quite a few other regular posters on this board). So, I guess in an attempt to not lose any respect FROM you, I just wanted you to know that zero of the vocals in that clip you listened to 15 times were from me. Somebody recorded their own 'vocals' over a section of my work that had no vocals at all (guitar solo).
If you want my original garbage, just ask. Isolated stems available. Whatever it takes for brownie points.

Send me a PM.

It can't possibly be worse than what I heard yesterday. In fact, I've seen people rave on it.

Had you not went so long without posting here, I probably would've asked for it long ago...or at least when the news of its release hit.

I've heard Shacklermyrye's version but his is based on cleaning up those clips. Not bad for what he had to work with.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Evader had the same clip to work with I did and we both got it around the same time,it always interested me that we hear things on it so different. As I said to you the other day though Evader soon we will both know how wrong we were about the words lol. I think we do both agree that it's about abuse though.

Still wild to me were actually getting this song

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's funny how we've waited 15 years since CD and longer for songs like the general we heard about even earlier. Yet i'm finding these last couple of months dragging since they announced it's happening in late october or whenever. I wanna hear this badboy lol.

Shacklermyrye

monkeychow wrote:

It's funny how we've waited 15 years since CD and longer for songs like the general we heard about even earlier. Yet i'm finding these last couple of months dragging since they announced it's happening in late october or whenever. I wanna hear this badboy lol.

It's dragging for sure, I wonder if they can get it out without it leaking or there being some screw up of some kind. When did the Checkmate hardschool clip leak around 2006? 13 years of not knowing how the full song sounded and a few more years added untill it was released.

First knowlegde of The General was Beltrami's work and that was 2003, that's 20 years ago, not long to wait now.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Sebastian Bach said something about the general being obscure song with the high Axl screams... It was like november rain, the heaviest GNR song ever made.
So we are waiting for a masterpiece and that's dangerous because maybe the song is not that good.
Remember Bach said IRS was the new WTTJ ... he is a bit exagerated i think ?

Shacklermyrye

carlossacanell wrote:

Sebastian Bach said something about the general being obscure song with the high Axl screams... It was like november rain, the heaviest GNR song ever made.
So we are waiting for a masterpiece and that's dangerous because maybe the song is not that good.
Remember Bach said IRS was the new WTTJ ... he is a bit exagerated i think ?

In a way there is no way that it can live up to expectations & you can say the same for CD. There will be people who like it,hate it,love it,like it but hate the mix ect ect.

But one thing that will probably happen (because it seems to be a thing with parts of this fanbase) Is that a percentage of those that don't like it will actively try to convince those that do like it that they are wrong or somehow stupid for being into it.

Happens time and time again. Obviously it's subjective as to weather somebody like's a song or dislike's it. But the need some have (especially in other forums) to actively convince others to change there opinion is just odd to me. Like they are trying to recruit others into feeling as disapointed/let down/angry as them.

But if you point this out all that ever happens is you get weak strawman shit in response. people misrepresenting your views ect.

As far as The General goes I have been warned privately to "not get my hope's up" about how good it is. But how someone else reacts to the song has no effect on how I will.

We will all know in 7 weeks.

carlossacanell

I'm really excited for this song. I hope this to be a Big guns song. I love CD and i think is so underated for the fans.
I dont want to change somebody opinión. I like HS but i think is an average song. I like perhaps but i think Axl could have developed more lyrics in It and maybe do It a bit longer.
And finally Absurd... it's an experimental song but It doesn't fit. I prefer Shacklers revenge or Oh my God as industrial oriented songs....
We'll see how the general sounds!

Shacklermyrye

I much prefer Shacklers and OMG to Silkworms too, but gotta say I am finally starting to like Silkworms live a bit.

carlossacanell

Shacklermyrye wrote:

I much prefer Shacklers and OMG to Silkworms too, but gotta say I am finally starting to like Silkworms live a bit.

Me too wink

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm excited too but my expectations are not off the charts like they were in the 2000s.

The leaks started to lower them a bit and then the album release made me realize the project was overhyped.

As I said in one of these threads, to compare em to Floyd... I'm not expecting something on the level of Dark Side of the Moon or one of their Animal epics. It'll probably be more along the lines of a Not Now John or Learning To Fly...and that's perfectly fine with me. It's probably best case scenario.

Board footer