You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Probably written by the same person that wrote that Perhaps was written this year by Slash and Duff. The mega link i left of the mix of The General yesterday has been flagged and pulled already. So someone is  scouring for links and pulling them, i'd expect something on The General either this friday or next.

Yeah we have to use DMs for that. There’s a certain forum clown who reports everything on “behalf” of the band

Haven't they stopped though? I haven't noticed any Youtube takedowns recently.

It's possibly someone from years back doing it on purpose

If them/they see's this you know where to reach me if you want a conversation.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Something Axl might care to bear in mind...

https://www.wsj.com/arts-culture/music/ … c-182dc907

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:

Not his original mix, his version is only about 4:50 long

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Something Axl might care to bear in mind...

https://www.wsj.com/arts-culture/music/ … c-182dc907

After reading that...it makes me wish they were younger and more ambitious.

An ambitious, motivated Axl could do something interesting in today's climate.

I'd also love to see 1970s Roger Waters in today's world where there's really no limits....your project not confined to LP/8 track length while at the same time a major focus is on short singles.

The Wall would've been the length of a box set...for better or worse. Also imagine trying to get some of their 10-17 minute epics boiled down to 3-4 minutes so it can trend on various platforms.

Taking it back to GNR...

Would the 2020s have increased the chances of that extended November Rain actually getting a release?

boneshj
 Rep: 4 

boneshj wrote:

Late to this one, but this is the "big gun" we've been waiting for? 

Kind of lame.  A symphonic tribute to the riff from Black Sabbath with Axl's vocal overdubbed 60 times to the point of sounding like nothing for something between 4-7 minutes.  I'm not so sure that's "Good News".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

this is the "big gun" we've been waiting for?

This is why I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

This is the big enchilada..the top dog...Numero uno...the king of kings...epic of epics.

From a hardcore fan perspective, there's a lot riding on this. It's similar to the unveiling of Prostitute after the hype/lengthy wait but on a bigger scale.

If it winds up average/below average, what little wind is left in the sails of this saga is basically gone.

It's still hard to believe that it's coming out.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Thank you for sharing this and thanks to the person who pieced it together. But if this is The General, that song blows donkey dick for quarters.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

I feel relaxed.. I got big into GnR in past year or two, so I don't have expectations that built up for almost 20 years... I don't expect masterpiece that will blow my mind, but expect something decent which I'm sure it will be.

Cellphone clip brings me hope because instrumental side sounds good, so it can't be that bad. As for release, can't wait.

boneshj
 Rep: 4 

boneshj wrote:
James wrote:

this is the "big gun" we've been waiting for?

This is why I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

This is the big enchilada..the top dog...Numero uno...the king of kings...epic of epics.

From a hardcore fan perspective, there's a lot riding on this. It's similar to the unveiling of Prostitute after the hype/lengthy wait but on a bigger scale.

If it winds up average/below average, what little wind is left in the sails of this saga is basically gone.

It's still hard to believe that it's coming out.

At least Prostitute ended up decent.  I remember at first hearing the intro and saying "what the fuck?", but the song improved as it built and then on additional listens ended up being a song I liked. 

This one, I was ready to shut it off halfway through but thought I'd keep it going hoping for a late revelation only to hear the "Good News" loop and thought to myself, "damn, I'd really love to hear a 7 minute version of My World more than that".

Board footer