You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

They stuck a video up on youtube promoting Powertrip. The audio is close to the video they did promoting Glastonbury. At the time they put that one up I asked the company that made it where the audio came from and they told me it was made from "Elements of GNR music".

Parts of it I could make out, like CD drums buried way down in the mix but most of it was evil sounding strings stuff that sounded like it had been heavily manipulated. I kind of wondered at the time if maybe some of it might be from unreleased stuff. Given most of it was unrecognizable it seemed likely.

57 sec into this one right at the end before it cuts off if you listen through earphone's it sounds (to my ears at least) like it is just starting to go into the same evil strings sounding part. The note it ends on seems the same as the first note from the low cello sounding shit from the 2006 tour intro.

Probably just hearing things.

Sky Dog wrote:

Best guess you’re hearing things

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There is some unknown music in there. There's no way to really know what is until we get more songs.

Funny they wait this long to promote the show. Did they just forget to post it in a timely manner?

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

They stuck a video up on youtube promoting Powertrip. The audio is close to the video they did promoting Glastonbury. At the time they put that one up I asked the company that made it where the audio came from and they told me it was made from "Elements of GNR music".

Parts of it I could make out, like CD drums buried way down in the mix but most of it was evil sounding strings stuff that sounded like it had been heavily manipulated. I kind of wondered at the time if maybe some of it might be from unreleased stuff. Given most of it was unrecognizable it seemed likely.

57 sec into this one right at the end before it cuts off if you listen through earphone's it sounds (to my ears at least) like it is just starting to go into the same evil strings sounding part. The note it ends on seems the same as the first note from the low cello sounding shit from the 2006 tour intro.

Probably just hearing things.

I thought the same thing. When the Glastonbury one dropped I thought maybe it could be used as the intro to Absurd or something. But the end of this one reminds me of the outro of CD almost. It’s the faint horns to me at the end

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Is It possible that the music on that promotional video IS from the general?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

Anything's possible.

I'm bored of the wait for this song already. This dripfeed approach is old and tired, especially when it's not leading to a bigger release of any sort.

If they had just released all the reworked songs as an EP, I think that would have satisfied us for a long time.

Shacklermyrye

carlossacanell wrote:

Parts of it maybe, at least we will know soon. I'm looking foreword to ripping The General apart with stem splitters and messing around with it.

Shacklermyrye

carlossacanell wrote:

Parts of it maybe, at least we will know soon. I'm looking foreword to ripping The General apart with stem splitters and messing around with it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The strings sound like The General

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The wait for this song seems to be getting to me more than previous waits. I mean it's only been a month or two since they announced it right - but I feel like been hanging for this vinyl to drop forever 16

Board footer