You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The next GNR album: Current known state of songs

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Inside Out was a cool instrumental.

Potentially another interlude.

Still can't believe no one asked Axl about those fucking interludes during the Axl chats.

Those chats were a massive wasted opportunity. We could've learned almost everything we needed to know about the saga.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Still can't believe no one asked Axl about those fucking interludes during the Axl chats.

Those chats were a massive wasted opportunity. We could've learned almost everything we needed to know about the saga.

From what I remember, people did ask very detailed questions. Axl chose to answer some questions while ignoring a lot of them.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

ClaudeF wrote:

It might be helpful to organize and discuss the tracks.

Apparently a cellphone photo of a stapled fax machine document which may have been fake circulated online in 2019. This is said to have included 25 song titles, most from ChiDem or included in the storage locker leaks, with these notable additions:
"Dragon"
"All I Wanted"
"Seven"

It was All I Ever Wanted, which if real could make it a Depeche Mode cover or anything. I tend to believe this list is real. If I remember right the paper work showed Engel and Engel which was a law firm that had done work with with and also against Geffen in the past. The head lawyer was a guy called Don Engel who died a few years ago. He once helped Don Henley get out of a contract with Geffen. So there is a bit of a connection there.

It's a hell of well researched detail to throw in on the papaerwork if someone was going to fake it. It's not impossible of ccourse, but it does nudge it into the probably real column for me.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

It might be helpful to organize and discuss the tracks.

Apparently a cellphone photo of a stapled fax machine document which may have been fake circulated online in 2019. This is said to have included 25 song titles, most from ChiDem or included in the storage locker leaks, with these notable additions:
"Dragon"
"All I Wanted"
"Seven"

It was All I Ever Wanted, which if real could make it a Depeche Mode cover or anything. I tend to believe this list is real. If I remember right the paper work showed Engel and Engel which was a law firm that had done work with with and also against Geffen in the past. The head lawyer was a guy called Don Engel who died a few years ago. He once helped Don Henley get out of a contract with Geffen. So there is a bit of a connection there.

It's a hell of well researched detail to throw in on the papaerwork if someone was going to fake it. It's not impossible of ccourse, but it does nudge it into the probably real column for me.

Thank you, fixed it! 9

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I'll take all the interludes you can throw at me, with or without Thyme intro. I'm personally holding hope for the track that Shaquille O'Neal provided some bars for. All jokes aside, The fact that The General is getting released breathes new life into my optimism that we might hear some of these locker demos fleshed out.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Slash made it sound in an interview in 2022 that the plan was to release 1 or 2, then another 1, or 2.  Then that's it for the lockdown songs and onto a new record.

I think he said that a year after absurd hard school had dropped...so if we're lucky there's another 2 after the Perhaps/General release.

So my take from that is they might have basically found the 5 most GNR songs or the 5 ones with the best vocals out of the CD sessions and then are going to move on entirely.

That said, I'm sure any ones that are Axl piano based like Oklohoma is said to be will turn up one day. But stuff based off bucket/brain jams I'm not so sure about. But who knows with these guys.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

ClaudeF wrote:

It seems 10 or 12 songs is the bare minimum of tracks for an album these days, so to hit that threshold the band would need as little as one, two, or three more songs.

They could easily pad it out with covers, of course. Wichita Lineman, The Seeker, etc. Maybe get Duff to give the band a new solo track, whack a Slash solo on it and call it a GN'R song.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

From what I remember, people did ask very detailed questions. Axl chose to answer some questions while ignoring a lot of them.

Yes..but the trolling was a huge problem.

In the middle of CD questions, he was being asked shit like....

Favorite burger toppings
Favorite Disney films

In a sea of that nonsense, too much stuff was passed over.

Had he been here for a chat, he wouldn't have got questions like that. I would've locked this place down like Fort Knox and the shit posters would've just had to view the festivities from a distance.

Edit

He was partially to blame for that because he indulged it by answering them.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Something doesn't sit with me. Bob Ludwig mastered these which suggests they're older. There was a delay with the vinyl. Sterling mastered Absurd so I'm guessing that was out of the loop originally.

The recent studio visit, the guy said the music sounded more afd, not these, defo not The General.

It suggests there is more music to come

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

The reason he came was to justify why he continued the GNR brand without Slash etc.. whilst answering selective questions.

They're more disconnected now from us, but the newgnr thing bothered him, not the word, but the concept. He'd gone through loads of bother with it all, carrying the weight of responsibility, and I think he was just trying to justify himself and to vent.

Board footer