You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: The next GNR album: Current known state of songs

jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Something doesn't sit with me. Bob Ludwig mastered these which suggests they're older. There was a delay with the vinyl. Sterling mastered Absurd so I'm guessing that was out of the loop originally.

The recent studio visit, the guy said the music sounded more afd, not these, defo not The General.

It suggests there is more music to come

I'm not sure I follow.

What I have noticed is Hard Skool and Absurd are alot louder than Perhaps.
I hope this is addressed if they end up forming some kind of album.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Something doesn't sit with me. Bob Ludwig mastered these which suggests they're older. There was a delay with the vinyl. Sterling mastered Absurd so I'm guessing that was out of the loop originally.

The recent studio visit, the guy said the music sounded more afd, not these, defo not The General.

I'm not sure I follow.

Bob Ludwig has retired, he doesn't work anymore, and has done very little in recent times. GN'R were listening to new material in a studio in Europe very recently

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I'm not sure I follow.

Bob Ludwig has retired, he doesn't work anymore, and has done very little in recent times. GN'R were listening to new material in a studio in Europe very recently

Oh did he master 'Perhaps'?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think so too.

The promo blitz for Perhaps is too big for only one song.

James

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:

Potentially another interlude.

Still can't believe no one asked Axl about those fucking interludes during the Axl chats.

Those chats were a massive wasted opportunity. We could've learned almost everything we needed to know about the saga.

From what I remember, people did ask very detailed questions. Axl chose to answer some questions while ignoring a lot of them.

The reason he came was to justify why he continued the GNR brand without Slash etc.. whilst answering selective questions.

They're more disconnected now from us, but the newgnr thing bothered him, not the word, but the concept. He'd gone through loads of bother with it all, carrying the weight of responsibility, and I think he was just trying to justify himself and to vent.

I still find it funny that even he started referring to them as new GNR.

He must have figured out why fans had been doing it all along...

It wasn't out of mockery or spite. It was because you couldn't have discussions without using the term.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I'm not sure I follow.

Oh did he master 'Perhaps'?

He did

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

From what I remember, people did ask very detailed questions. Axl chose to answer some questions while ignoring a lot of them.

The reason he came was to justify why he continued the GNR brand without Slash etc.. whilst answering selective questions.

They're more disconnected now from us, but the newgnr thing bothered him, not the word, but the concept. He'd gone through loads of bother with it all, carrying the weight of responsibility, and I think he was just trying to justify himself and to vent.

It wasn't out of mockery or spite. It was because you couldn't have discussions without using the term.

It had been suggested to him about going online a while before he did it, allegedly. So, he must have thought about it a long time before he did it.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Just to say...

Legendary mastering engineer Bob Ludwig has recently announced his retirement, along with the closure of Gateway Mastering Studios, the facility he founded in 1992. He made the announcement on 2 July 2023, saying: “I won’t be taking on new mastering work as of June 30. - src

Knowing Axl, Perhaps was turned in the last day 16

James

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

It had been suggested to him about going online a while before he did it, allegedly. So, he must have thought about it a long time before he did it.

A perfect time to do it would've been 2005 in the aftermath of that crazy NYT article and how starved the fan base was at the time.

It would've created so much goodwill and positivity.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:

I think so too.

The promo blitz for Perhaps is too big for only one song.

Agreed

It's panning out as stated. Year of touring, then Slash doing his thing. There's something afoot to keep GNR rolling over, and in the consciousness of people, in the absence of touring.

They have visited studios while touring.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I have to say, it's all alot more professional now, they have done well.

Board footer