You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: The next GNR album: Current known state of songs

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
James wrote:

I still find it funny that even he started referring to them as new GNR.

He must have figured out why fans had been doing it all along...

It wasn't out of mockery or spite. It was because you couldn't have discussions without using the term.

It had been suggested to him about going online a while before he did it, allegedly. So, he must have thought about it a long time before he did it.

A perfect time to do it would've been 2005 in the aftermath of that crazy NYT article and how starved the fan base was at the time.

It would've created so much goodwill and positivity.

It wasn't on the agenda then, 2006 was the year, 2008, then 2010, then 2012, 25 year tour of afd. That was the plan

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I’m actually interested in 2004. That’s when they were planning more shows and Bucket quit. I wonder how close the album was at that time because, imo, I think Axl spent the next 2 years trying to get Bucket back. And perhaps even after Ron was in the band.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:

I’m actually interested in 2004. That’s when they were planning more shows and Bucket quit. I wonder how close the album was at that time because, imo, I think Axl spent the next 2 years trying to get Bucket back. And perhaps even after Ron was in the band.

Contraband came out 04 right? I’m sure Axl viewed that as his opportunity to compete but he lost the ONLY guitarist who could viably have the cachet to to keep GnR legitimate.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:

It suggests there is more music to come

I think so too.

The promo blitz for Perhaps is too big for only one song.

This is why i believe the CD is not advertised yet. Would give away there is more than two tracks on it.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:

It suggests there is more music to come

I think so too.

The promo blitz for Perhaps is too big for only one song.

Agreed

It's panning out as stated. Year of touring, then Slash doing his thing. There's something afoot to keep GNR rolling over, and in the consciousness of people, in the absence of touring.

They have visited studios while touring.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I have to say, it's all alot more professional now, they have done well.

Some of those studio visits will be for the Micheal Shenker song/songs. Which I believe are coming first quarter of next year. But I agree there is more going on than we know new music wise

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Best case scenario...

For some reason, they've decided to unload the rest of the CD tracks as a final album.

Worst case scenario...

This is all we're getting.

At least The General is coming. It could've just as easily been OMG.

I'm hoping it's really a double A side. If The General gets similar treatment as Perhaps, we're definitely getting something big.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Do people think Bucket contributed more to the band and album than Robin?  Don’t get me wrong, Bucket on TWAT is phenomenal. But I always viewed bucket as a gimmick who provided some really technically driven solos that I assumed were based on Finck’s guitar leads.

But I’ll take Robin’s solo on Better any day of the week as more soulful and true to the blues sound that’s at the core of the GN’R sound.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Do people think Bucket contributed more to the band and album than Robin?  Don’t get me wrong, Bucket on TWAT is phenomenal. But I always viewed bucket as a gimmick who provided some really technically driven solos that I assumed were based on Finck’s guitar leads.

But I’ll take Robin’s solo on Better any day of the week as more soulful and true to the blues sound that’s at the core of the GN’R sound.

I see your point but I believe Bucket could have easily been the lead guitarist with no Robin. Meaning, the SOD solo goes, TIL, that Better solo etc. It would also uncomplicate things for fans. One lead guy…like the band always had.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We only got a taste of what Bucket could have contributed. And I think he and Robin were a really great pairing

Sky Dog wrote:

So do I…..they didn’t need a 3rd guitarist once Bucket joined Bucket lead and Robin rhythm and lead on a few songs

Board footer