You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Atlas Shrugged (2023 ) - Rumour

misterID wrote:

Soul Monster
Quick Song
Seven
Oklahoma

Release a box set of everything and take my money!

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Soul Monster
Quick Song
Seven
Oklahoma

After The General, Quicksong is my personal holy grail. That vocal scratch demo hits me in the feelers.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

Soul Monster
Quick Song
Seven
Oklahoma

This.

Give the musicians their chance to shine after decades of waiting.

Prove the critics wrong.

Give the fans what we have been begging for. The market research has been done: We will pay dearly and happily for a thorough Chinese Democracy box set.

Don’t worry about packaging and perks. It could even be a lossless FLAC or AIFF release, without any manufacturing costs. Just get us the music.

$1,000 for 20 or more CDs worth of outtakes, demos, rough mixes, etc.? Take my money.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yes, definitely. I would actually pay more for a bare bones, digital release than an actual box set, because that would likely mean more actual songs to listen to.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I always thought Atlas was one of the radio friendly tracks off of the entire CD album (including leaks).  No surprise there.  I'm betting they go with the deep cut as the b side.

They still have a few more songs after that that they could release.  At some point, we are going to get an album of this stuff.  There's just too much that's either been finished or close to it anyway.  Whether or not it's a box set or just an album (or two ) is anyone's guess.

Now, I'm skeptical about whether or not they could record a new album from scratch.  It's totally different with doing that vs Slash/Duff adding their touches to the CD songs.

Uh, I'd point out too, that the Village sessions are still out there and easily found.  I remember someone here said that their HD crashed and those songs went with it too.

Also it'd be a shame if we didn't get to hear Brian May's stuff on Catcher (ie the stuff that made the song great and not that shit that ended up on CD).

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Yes, definitely. I would actually pay more for a bare bones, digital release than an actual box set, because that would likely mean more actual songs to listen to.

Exactly. And there are hugely successful examples of digital releases being major successes in recent years from Dylan to Taylor Swift, hell, even Beyonce’s “Lemonade.”

Drop a shit-ton of digital tracks for sale. Charge whatever the fuck you want for it. Put the ChiDem era to bed once and for all, in a way that proves it was/is actually a highlight of GNR’s history.

All of us fans will finally be satisfied and ready to move on to the future. No more begging and searching for leaks. Finck, Pitman, Brain, Bucket, Bumble, and the gang will get the satisfaction of their work being heard.

This clears the deck for 2025 and beyond.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Eh.. need more concrete proof it's actually coming in November. But who knows, I'm not a fan of atlas so I really don't have a dog in this race.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Very encouraged by how they’ve transformed Perhaps into a very good song. I see more potential with Atlas so can’t wait for this

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Very encouraged by how they’ve transformed Perhaps into a very good song. I see more potential with Atlas so can’t wait for this

I mean perhaps was already a good tune. And vocals were there. The Atlas vocals we heard were a mess, maybe another demo had a better vocal take or hopefully a later take with more rasp and grit.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Yeah vocals are a mess on Atlas - as they were on Perhaps and Axl seemingly has re-recorded parts of Perhaps and he’s the star of the song.
I was very underwhelmed by the Perhaps demo but maybe it’s just I’ve heard a finished mix now that I’m so impressed by its transformation - or maybe I’m just caught up in the moment that they are finally doing things like a major act should.

I’ve always thought the bones of a great song are there with Atlas so am excited

Board footer