You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: What song do you want to hear most?

misterID wrote:

Q: [...] I am very excited about Seven. Can you tell us anything about this song? Is it a rocker?
A: ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!! (Brain Mantia, Appetite for Discussion, Aug. 18, 2010)

Lol

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:

Q: [...] I am very excited about Seven. Can you tell us anything about this song? Is it a rocker?
A: ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!! (Brain Mantia, Appetite for Discussion, Aug. 18, 2010)

Lol

Lol what a quote. Obviously being sarcastic. Must be nice to be in the band without having to be in the band, too! What a gig!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lol

He had too many posts/emails with this sort of response to take any of it seriously.

Sky Dog wrote:

The Gnr fan base is getting a little delusional again.

It's the thought of finally getting The General.

It makes it feel like we're in 2005 again.

Now we just need darknemus to jump behind a desk and record a low quality clip of the song and leak it as Biff Tannen.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I’d also like to hear Axl’s solo stuff whatever that means. That Pink song that never materialized etc.

Sky Dog wrote:

The Gnr fan base is getting a little delusional again.

This is all fan bases though. The smart people take advantage of this in a mutually beneficial way.

James

James wrote:

I always wanted to know where the hell that rumor came from. I should dig through CD Whispers although I don't know if he included that type of stuff in it.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Shacklermyrye wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Yeah I want to hear that in full!

Yeah, I'd love to hear it. Even if it's just an instrumental, you could layer the vocals from… was it Rock Band or Guitar Hero? I'm sure there was an isolated vocal track for Jungle.

Better off using live vocals. Here is a clip of jungle with 2007 vocals on i just did https://www.sendspace.com/file/661ho2
It takes some work to timestretch parts to get it to work so the whole track would take a while, sounds ok to me though

That's neat. Could you chuck over the full audio of the instrumental?

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:

I always wanted to know where the hell that rumor came from. I should dig through CD Whispers although I don't know if he included that type of stuff in it.

All I remember is it was during the quiet years I wanna say 2004-2005, could be way off

James

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
James wrote:

All I remember is it was during the quiet years I wanna say 2004-2005, could be way off

I think that's also the year we heard about Seven being a duet with Lionel Richie. Obviously that one isn't true or we would've heard something else by now.

That's a weird one...such a random name to pull out of thin air. Most fakes would at least keep it in the rock genre.

Edit

I googled Guns N Roses Pink Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Nothing comes up... which means those old discussions back then were deleted.

Pathetic.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

I never put much weight into the rumors but Pink showing up and playing with them a couple years ago certainly made it plausible.

It's a fairly natural friendship. Non-conformist genderless rocker who did things their way.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I was always into that rumour.

Something about the song makes me think maybe Axl would dig it. I've noticed he seems to do covers that one can speculate the lyrics resonate with his life experiences.

It's def the kind of song 2006 era Axl would kick ass on.

It's the sort of thing that sounds random enough that it could have happened too.

Board footer