You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: What Steven brought to GNR

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

They only bought his plane ticket. If they're paying fucking Melissa Reese to be an anime Teddy Zig Zag, then surely they can pay an original member for coming down and doing a job for them. If they're bitter about shit then don't call him up in the first place. Since when did they all become Hetty Green?

I guess they knew he was desperate enough to do the gig without money. Hell I seem to remember him making statements along those lines in the early days of the reunion when it looked like he was not gonna have any involvement. He's always been the most desperate member of the bunch. By comparison, Izzy straight up told the guys to go fvck themselves because of the money situation.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Definitely. It's a tough spot I'll give them that. If they do a real OG-5 reunion for a couple of shows, then everything afterwards will feel second rate. And if you don't call them up at all, then you'll get shit for that too. At the end of the day it's not Axl & Co's fault that Izzy and Steven can't be relied upon to do a full tour. But pay the fucking guy. I'm sure he needs the money.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

By comparison, Izzy straight up told the guys to go fvck themselves because of the money situation.

I've always respected Izzy for that.  I mean he contributed/wrote etc to most of their hits.  Why the hell should he take less than what he is worth?

Board footer