You are not logged in. Please register or login.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: My dog has disappeared

You might remember (but probably not) that I have 4 dogs, 3 lurchers and a jack russell.  Anyway, my ex husband took them for a walk yesterday morning and Misty ran away and hasn't been seen since.  She would often chase after a deer or rabbit or something and be gone for a little while, but never, ever this long sad

There is a road on the other side of the woods and my fear is that she has run out there and been hit.  I wanted to drive up there this morning but to be honest, I didn't have the nerve.  I think my ex will have gone up there but he is being really funny with me at the moment and wouldn't tell me anything else.

Sometimes lurchers are also stolen for rabbiting so that is another worry.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Call your local RSPCA, she might have been picked up wandering.

I am sorry LLL, I've had a dog and they are like family sad

Definitely your ex or someone to go up and look for her.   In addition to calling your local animal rescue put up Lost signs with her pic.

I hope you find her.

luckylittlelady

The RSPCA haven't heard anything so far.  I've managed to get it out of my ex that he spent most of yesterday waiting and looking for her, he is absolutely devastated.

Yeah I think I will get a few  lost notices put up, most of the people in the area will know she's ours but it's worth putting a couple in maybe the few petrol stations along that road.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sorry to hear that LLL, posting some notices will definitely help. I'd be crushed if I lost my little buddy. Hopefully you'll find him/her.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i hope you find her safe soon (or have already found her)

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm sorry to hear that LLL, I got a dog 2 weeks ago and I can't imagine what it must feel like for them to disappear. I hope she turns up really soon for you.

luckylittlelady

We've called the RSPCA, police, dog warden and spoken to several local farmers in the area.  Nothing has been reported and no-one has seen anything.  My ex has been looking again and nothing.  Even if we find her dead it will be better than never knowing what has happened to her.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Oh damn, that really sucks. My condolences. As you know, I am an animal lover as well. If one of my cats disappeared, I would probably collapse and have to be sent to a mental institution.

I haven't had a dog in years, but some do tend to wander off. When I was 7 years old, I had a dog named BJ and he just walked off from the house and was never seen again.

Hopefully your dog will show up out of the blue. Thats really the only thing to hope for at this point.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I had a cat disappear back in August only to show up three months later.  I thought for sure he had been killed (most likely hit by a car as I live relatively close to the road) but was extremely surprised to find him waiting on the deck one morning, hungry and in dire need of a bath...otherwise in fine shape.  Hopefully this same sort of thing will happen with your dog.

Board footer