You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General and Monsters

Dadud wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Monsters showing up out of nowhere suggests there is something more in play than just the Perhaps vinyl.

7-inch records can hold between 4-6 minutes of recorded music on each side

So it didn't come from there.

It makes no sense for the band to leak it. There's no evidence the hoarders had access to it. That only leaves some physical disc available to be ripped somewhere.

It allegedly came from a recording studio and is about a year old mix

I hope so, because the mix of The General needs work. Monster's i'm fine with.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Dadud wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Monsters showing up out of nowhere suggests there is something more in play than just the Perhaps vinyl.

So it didn't come from there.

It makes no sense for the band to leak it. There's no evidence the hoarders had access to it. That only leaves some physical disc available to be ripped somewhere.

It allegedly came from a recording studio and is about a year old mix

That could be, but both songs being registered on ASCAP recently hints at something beyond just a coincidence.

Admittedly none of this makes much sense so it's hard to predict what it means, if anything. Could merely be some fuck up in the GN'R camp.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

There's no evidence the hoarders had access to it.

Sure there is. It leaked!

This is our only hope.

Maybe they'll do an EP during the hiatus but it's highly unlikely.

I hope so, because the mix of The General needs work.

It needs a LOT of work.

While I've listened to it a lot due to being a new leak and waiting 20 years, once the burn out occurs...which will be very soon..it's not something I'll be coming back too often.

It's too rough. The quality is shit in comparison to anything else I listen to.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, the Atlas single. It's gonna be Atlas/Monsters. And then probably done. Rumor was Atlas was suppose to drop in November. Would have closed out the tour with the release.

I just won't buy into an album or anything like that. It was always gonna be a few songs.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There are still *at least* three left with vocals, State of Grace, Oklahoma and Seven, besides Atlas

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

We don't know that Seven has vocals, Brain's email confirming it has a bridge and chorus seemed to be in jest.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

There are still *at least* three left with vocals, State of Grace, Oklahoma and Seven, besides Atlas

Oklahoma and Seven are the final big guns.

Once those get leaked/released...it's over.

All that's left after that is just random leftovers I can live without.

Unfortunately, we don't know for sure these final big guns have vocals.

Even if they do, the way these songs on "the second half of Chinese" have been developed, they get a verse and a chorus and a not so great mix.

I still want to hear them though.

busngabb
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:

I always wondered what happens when Axl croaks it. There will be tons of stuff people would like to hear. Does it all just flood out as the barriers are down or would he have it thown in the casket with him? If he were to pass, I'd like him to spread it around the globe and the internet and have some kind of Ready Player One style competition to find it all. That way he can keep the mysteriously difficult process of getting hold of his music going for thirty more years.

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oklahoma and Seven are the final big guns.

Once those get leaked/released...it's over.

All that's left after that is just random leftovers I can live without.

Unfortunately, we don't know for sure these final big guns have vocals.

Even if they do, the way these songs on "the second half of Chinese" have been developed, they get a verse and a chorus and a not so great mix.

I still want to hear them though.

They should have led with Goin Down instead of Absurd. Give duff vocal duties an let slash get all bluesy. Definitely not a big gun but a much safer choice for them.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

We don't know that Seven has vocals, Brain's email confirming it has a bridge and chorus seemed to be in jest.

I really don’t take it as jest, he was just being funny on the description. But who knows.

And I refuse to believe Oklahoma doesn’t have vocals

Board footer