You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: Guns n roses played the general

harmon420 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

Pretty impressed with his vocals on The General. He is very much on point for a 61 year old man singing in a falsetto. Even though the videos Ive watched are poop quality he sounds pretty good on everything else as well. Just when I think I'm out and have gotten closure, they pull me back in.

I watched part of the live show from last night too and Axl sounds good live right now
its too bad the tour is almost over

Dare I say he might actually be enjoying himself. Slash didn't exactly seem bored either during the song. Band has always sounded tight....except Frank eating 7 Adderall 30's before playing. I might be in the euphoric moment, but the live version seems head and shoulders better than the WFA edit that leaked.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:

Frank needs to go have a baby right before the next tour

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

There was a rumour posted. I don't remember if it was here or mygnrforum (before it let guests in) like same day leaks happened,
That gnr was gonna play the general on both shows for music video footage. That could be true after all.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I know it’s too little too late, but I was listening to The General loudly in my car today and it did sound like Slash to me. At least it sounded like it could be him. I still believe the versions that leaked are basically what is going to be released, just mixed better.

Regardless, good sign playing it live. And it did sound pretty close to what we’ve heard. Will “Monsters” be next? Maybe save Atlas, etc. for the next round of dates?

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
faldor wrote:

I know it’s too little too late, but I was listening to The General loudly in my car today and it did sound like Slash to me. At least it sounded like it could be him. I still believe the versions that leaked are basically what is going to be released, just mixed better.

Regardless, good sign playing it live. And it did sound pretty close to what we’ve heard. Will “Monsters” be next? Maybe save Atlas, etc. for the next round of dates?

If they play Monsters or Atlas, i would mark out like an AEW fan during an Kenny Omega, Will Ospeary spot fest. I wouldn't care if he went full Mickey on the bridge.

faldor

faldor wrote:

The way he sounded on The General, tonight would’ve been a good night to try Monsters. Seems like he had it in him.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

It sounds like Slash is playing a Finck riff and a Buckethead solo. That's why it's confusing I think. Slash usually doesn't play like this to my ears. The sound is there, but not the style. Hard Skool and Absurd are a lot more Slash than this.

faldor

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

It sounds like Slash is playing a Finck riff and a Buckethead solo. That's why it's confusing I think. Slash usually doesn't play like this to my ears. The sound is there, but not the style. Hard Skool and Absurd are a lot more Slash than this.

Yep, that’s exactly the way I heard it blasting in my car. Not vintage Slash style by any means but his tone was more noticeable.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

The ASCAP listing having both the songs gets even more confusing.

My three theories for it now:

1) It's meant to be two separate listings and the TB Elite Management Team fucked up
2) It's meant to be together on a full album-like release but it's split up for the B-Side.
3) Monsters was meant to be a hidden track on the end of The General on the Perhaps vinyl

It's #1.

polluxlm wrote:

The vocals may be new then?

nope-hell-no.gif

BLS-Pride wrote:

The random dude yelling to axl to play us the general. And then they did.. Definitely shit himself.

Too bad he didn't yell for Oklahoma... 16

Board footer