You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mrcaptain666
 Rep: 0 

Re: Oh My God Live and Album Version

mrcaptain666 wrote:

So okay. Firstly, i checked their setlist from Poland, Chorzów 2018 https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-r … a53ba.html
There was Oh My God as alternative. So, they really wanted to play it live and have soundchecked this on this tour or its just fan fiction?

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

They certainly weren't playing Oh My God there, and I don't think it was soundchecked. I was at this concert.

Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky wrote:

A friend who has never steered me wrong and has done more for the community then i have. Told me that there's a village session omg that the vox sounds much cleaner in.

Omg is a really kick ass rock song and i feel that they rushed the mix to get onto the end of days soundtrack.

Plus a fink , bucket version must be excellent.

Hoping to hear it one day.

The Void

The Void wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:

A friend who has never steered me wrong and has done more for the community then i have. Told me that there's a village session omg that the vox sounds much cleaner in.

Omg is a really kick ass rock song and i feel that they rushed the mix to get onto the end of days soundtrack.

Fortus mentioned that the song was on the setlist and soundchecked in 2002 becuse he was gonna use a specific guitar on it. never heard anything about a Village version of the song. Axl did mention a newer version with new vocals and guitar parts but i have a feeling he is not talking about the BBF demo remix Bumble made in 2006/2007? Anyway hope to hear that one day

Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky wrote:
The Void wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:

Fortus mentioned that the song was on the setlist and soundchecked in 2002 becuse he was gonna use a specific guitar on it. never heard anything about a Village version of the song. Axl did mention a newer version with new vocals and guitar parts but i have a feeling he is not talking about the BBF demo remix Bumble made in 2006/2007? Anyway hope to hear that one day

Hey buddy. The friend who told me this has track record of knowing their shit.
It's also another piece of proof of life of many more disc from the village sessions.

So much info has been lost in time but if you look hard enough the puzzle pieces start to fit. Once you see the puzzle and add the old pieces you understand what the fuck is really going on.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Saboteur wrote:

They certainly weren't playing Oh My God there, and I don't think it was soundchecked. I was at this concert.

They did soundcheck oh my god at a few shows, just forget which ones
but there is a video of one of them

The Void

The Void wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Saboteur wrote:

They did soundcheck oh my god at a few shows, just forget which ones
but there is a video of one of them

We have Rock In Rio 2011 and Nashville 2012

The Void

The Void wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:
The Void wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:

Hey buddy. The friend who told me this has track record of knowing their shit.
It's also another piece of proof of life of many more disc from the village sessions.

So much info has been lost in time but if you look hard enough the puzzle pieces start to fit. Once you see the puzzle and add the old pieces you understand what the fuck is really going on.

I know about more rehearsed songs like Jungle and KOHD. Everything else im clueless about

BMJ

BMJ wrote:

This song drives me insane! It's easily one of my all-time favorites, yet I have yet to find a decent version of it. I mess around with it all the time trying to make it sound better, or make a mix of live/studio versions, and while I have made versions that sound better than what was put out on the soundtrack (in my opinion), it's still not what I want it to be.

Over the years I have read different things saying there was another version or two possibly done, but I've never been able to find anything myself that didn't sound worse, or like someone just made it goofing off at their house, and tried to say it was real. Last I remember hearing was that someone leaked a newer version in 2018, but it was taken down fast, and I wasn't one of the people who got it.. there were mixed reviews on it from the people who did get that version.

If it ever gets released, I just hope it's the NuGuns version, and not Slash and Duff. Duff could pull it off, but Slash would dull it way down. I feel like I've been obsessed about this song most of my life, and I'm moderately old now. So many GnR fans hate this song so much, and I guess I can understand that.. but there's just something different about it that always brings me back to a certain time in my life.. I guess because it came out when I was in high school.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There's a good song buried in the white noise.

Board footer