You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Re: Trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie revealed

Mike wrote:

I'm impressed with what I see so far 9

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Looks like a cookie cutter action flick to me. Just a way for them to pass the torch and phase out Ford so they can continue this cash cow for years. I was never really a hardcore fan of this franchise.

Thanks for posting the trailer though. Going by that release date, looks like this film will start the summer blockbuster season.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Looks like a cookie cutter action flick to me. Just a way for them to pass the torch and phase out Ford so they can continue this cash cow for years. I was never really a hardcore fan of this franchise.

Thanks for posting the trailer though. Going by that release date, looks like this film will start the summer blockbuster season.

Nope. Iron Man comes out in early May. Indy will likely be the most successful film of the summer in the U.S. Worldwide, Narnia 2 will give it a hard time.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Forgot about that one.

I doubt Indiana Jones is the biggest movie of the summer, although definitely top 5. I don't have a summer release list handy, but I'm going to assume the Batman flick or some kid film will take the top spot.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Forgot about that one.

I doubt Indiana Jones is the biggest movie of the summer, although definitely top 5. I don't have a summer release list handy, but I'm going to assume the Batman flick or some kid film will take the top spot.

Indy reaches the wide demographics. I think TDK will be a better movie, but that doesn't seem to mean much when it comes to box office. The first Indy movie adjusts to over $600 million in 2008 dollars. The biggest Batman film, Batman '89, adjusts to around $430 million by comparison. The second Indy flick adjusts to $365 million and the third one adjusts to $337 million. It's a huge franchise, on the level of the likes of Spider-Man, Pirates, or Shrek. In fact, Pirates is kind of a rip-off of the swashbuckling style of Indy. Pirates and National Treasure's success is proof that this style of movie can be hugely successful. Indy is a lock for $300 million domestically. TDK isn't. TDK will be very fortunate to be that big due to the fact that it will have such dark content. I think Indy will make in the range of $310-320 million. Potter, which comes out in November, will also be big -- probably around $295-300 million. Narnia 2 should make over $275 million pretty easily. TDK will likely make around $250-275 million. Those will be the 4 biggest movies of the year unless Wall-E, a Pixar movie about a robot, breaks out and ends up huge. Pixar has been on the decline in their box office power since Finding Nemo.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

fucking awesome 22 9

i cant wait for this one 11

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm so excited for this...along with Alien franchise the indy films are my favs of all time!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I agree with James that this looks "cookie cutter" but I'm ok with that. I've actually never seen an Indy movie (yes, Neemo... I KNOW 16) So I may check them out before this hits so I'm up to speed.

dude sad

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I agree with James that this looks "cookie cutter" but I'm ok with that. I've actually never seen an Indy movie (yes, Neemo... I KNOW 16) So I may check them out before this hits so I'm up to speed.

Uh, yeah. You should definitely check them out. The second one is good but far from great. However, the first and third ones are great. smile

Board footer