You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Will you ever give up?

monkeychow wrote:

No offence Bri but really? I mean like its ok to say that now...but your saying when CD comes out and we're all on here talking about awesome bucket solos and Axl goodness that you won't want the album? I think most people who are pissed off right now will come back.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I gave up on the band at the VMAs.  It was a train wreck then and nothing has changed since then.  Luckily for me, I will always have the memories of the real band and I'll never have to give up on that.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

No offence Bri but really? I mean like its ok to say that now...but your saying when CD comes out and we're all on here talking about awesome bucket solos and Axl goodness that you won't want the album? I think most people who are pissed off right now will come back.

I think he means he'll be a downloading motherfucker.  22

I'll always like GNR's music, that's not going to change.  I'm in this for the long haul.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I get pissed off, in particular by the lack of respect we fans get but the first day I saw the damned thing it would be sold.  No need in kidding myself.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

It isnt like any one of us will wake up one day and say "yeah i dont care about this anymore".  But with ever day that goes by, the anticipation I once had diminishes.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i'll never give up

they'll be my favourite band whatever happens. i'll talk shit about them sometimes because i'm pissed off by their attitude but the first day the album is available for pre-order or whatever i'll buy it. no doubt about it.

their attitude sucks but i can separate the man from the musician, and if i like the music it's all that matters

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

If it wasn't for the internet, i'd have given up a while back. Not given up on the band just the 'waiting' part.  If I'm away from home, on holiday or generally otherwise occupied I don't really think about GNR. But when I'm back at work, home then there's always that niggling 'I wander if there's any news' thought in the back of my head. I think its more to do with my personality that i don't like things unfinished...

The other thing that strikes me about this is how Axl will need to string this out if he wants success. Just think 14yrs or so of waiting, then once you have the album it could all be over in 60 minutes or less. Half that if all the leaks we have heard are included. Potentially a big come down after the first few weeks of intense listening (hard core fans) or a few listens (casual fans). Which leads me to think that we may see a six month announcement to release date timeframe, a tour announced in build up (to encourage people to buy tickets before the album is released and they lose interest) and maybe a couple of songs (possibly not on the album) released to create the hype. I still don't see the band doing many interviews and promo mind you.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm not gonna quit now.

I feel like the majority, I am really frustrated that there is nothing going on at all and the long periods of time that there is silence and ofcourse the CD isn't out yet.

I'll always be interested and if CD ever was to be released, I'd get it in a heartbeat.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Will I ever give up?

I can only hope that I will. Unfortuantly though I keep coming back to here, eventually when all news of the album dissapears I reckon I'll drift off. I will buy the album when it comes out though.

Board footer