You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: On the search for a new frontman:

Backslash wrote:

The more I think about that initial statement from Weiland where he says he's not up there soloing with Slash, I'm wondering if VR is looking to continue as a 4-piece with either Matt or Duff doing vocals.  I wouldn't be happy, but it makes me curious.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Anyone consider Axl?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Anyone consider Axl?

haha yeah...and maybe thats why robin left....but who knows (until axl makes an announcement) what the impact of robin leaving is

also if the cd is turned in like all these places are saying today...then it would be weird to do a reunion on the eve of CD's release...though what better way to get a huge buzz than reuniting for a short tour....omg did i just maybe crack the code? hmm

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I just realized Kid Rock makes a bit of sense. Fits the style, possibly is available. Was always more like a solo artist than in a band anyway, so wouldn't really need to 'break up' with anybody. I know he put an album out a little while ago, not sure if he's still touring behind it or not.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

His last tour date is june 15th.  But I think hes going to be pretty busy.  He's working on an album right now with Reverend Run (old school rap album I think).  Then he's going to do another Devil Without A Cause type solo album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

besides hes either country or raprock... neither genre suits those guys IMO

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I like Kid Rock, but I agree with you Neemo.  He would be a horrible fit.  He has no vocal range, and his songwriting skills leave alot to be desired.  IMO they would be trading one weak link for another.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

1. Chris Cornell
2. Josh Todd from Buckcherry
3. Sebastian Bach
4. Eric Dover from Slash's Snakepit
5. Izzy Stradlin
6. Gavin Rossdale
7. Mike Patton
8. Lukas Rossi from Rock Star: Supernova
9. Scott Stapp
10. Sammy Hagar
11. Billy Idol
12. Danzig
13. Kid Rock
14. Perry Farrell
15. Ozzy Osbourne

This is a really good list,It backs up what a friend & I where just talking about.
Most fans do not want VR to choose some new be Scab Weliand wanna be.
They want to see an established singer who can really keep the whole SG vibe "Alive" Personally as I have said I never got into the music with Scott,but I would never have denied he brought his "Star" with him & that's what they need. Anyone else will be ripped to shreds
by fans & critics alike....

Personally I don't see Josh Todd  leaving Buck Cheery & while Chris
Cornell  is a really good singer after the whole Audio slave who knows if he would do it.

Both Sebastian & Eric are really good choice I loved the first Snake Pit CD
But as a die hard Sebastian Bach I feel he will bring more than enough "Star Power" & undeniable talent to the table... VR are as far as I know under contract for one more CD This will be the make it or break it for the band,regardless of the out come Slash  will more than likely  remain in the spotlight. 21

I think the name VR is established enough now that they could still get alot of radio play with Bach as a singer and it might give all the non-believers a chance to hear that Bach still rocks.

I absolutely agree with you. What I was saying is I don't think fans want to see them get someone that simply sounds like Scott. This was a subject of conversation at work today (Lunch) & it was rather pleasant
to all the people who where actually excited about the idea of Bach with VR,of course there was one guy who thought it was an absurd idea but he has the right to his opinion.

One Person brought up another  name that    I don't think has been brought up.
Rob Zombie & Slash had some serious chemistry at the  VH1 Rock honors...
While my personal vote still go's   to Baz ,Rob is a hell of a singer & front man....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Cornell would NEVER do it. He would laugh at the offer. I still don't understand why he gets brought up all the time as a possible choice.

Board footer