You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Spice Girls’ CD to be sold at Victoria’s Secret

James wrote:

NEW YORK - Wanna be the first to score a copy of the Spice Girls greatest-hits album? You'll have to go through Victoria's Secret to get it.

The newly reunited British girl group's CD will be available starting Nov. 13 at Victoria's Secret stores and on the company's Web site in the U.S., Capitol Music Group said Tuesday.

The "Spice Girls: Greatest Hits" features 13 hits, including "Wannabe" and "Spice up Your Life," and two new songs, "Voodoo" and the upcoming single, "Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)."

Capitol said the disc will be available nationwide Jan. 15.

The original Girl Power group of the 1990s will also appear at the annual Victoria's Secret fashion show, set to air Dec. 4 on CBS.

The Spice Girls were one of the biggest acts of the '90s with more than 55 million records sold. The quintet, who broke up in 2001, announced they had reunited at a press conference in London in late June.

Their reunion tour opens Dec. 2 in Vancouver, Canada. Other confirmed dates: San Jose, Calif., Dec. 4; Los Angeles, Dec. 5 and Dec. 7; and Las Vegas, Dec. 8-9.

Other North American tour dates are being rearranged, Capitol Music said, due to the high demand for tickets.

The shows will be the first with all five of the original group since Geri "Ginger Spice" Halliwell quit to pursue a solo career in 1998.

Their last album, "Forever," released in 2000 and without Halliwell, fared poorly.

Other members of the Spice Girls are Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, Melanie "Sporty Spice" Chisholm, Emma "Baby Spice" Bunton and Melanie "Scary Spice" Brown.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

In the pre-downloading era, this would have been a great marketing strategy. Doing it now is just plain stupid. You cant have your album be exclusive to one outlet months before the rest of the world gets it. All it does is mean it hits the p2p sites immediately, and by the time January rolls around everyone who wanted it will already have it, for free.

I'm not waiting until January, and I'm not going to Victoria's Secret either. I'll just download the new tracks.

I might go to that San Jose show. Haven't decided yet.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

That's what I thought when I heard this too. I can only assume Victorias Secret are paying so much for this that the record label think it will make up for all the lost sales due to downloads.

Board footer