You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Robin Finck officially records new NIN album, released last night

James wrote:

The album has been released on NIN.com Finck is credited.

The album is called The Slip. Trent encourages the sharing of this album, so the link will be posted here.

Tracklist:

1. 999,999
   2. 1,000,000
   3. letting you
   4. discipline
   5. echoplex
   6. head down
   7. lights in the sky
   8. corona radiata
   9. the four of us are dying
  10. demon seed

length: 43:45

Written by Trent Reznor.

Performed by Trent Reznor, Josh Freese, Robin Finck (welcome back) and Allesandro Cortini.

as a thank you to our fans for your continued support, we are giving away the new nine inch nails album one hundred percent free, exclusively via nin.com.

the music is available in a variety of formats including high-quality MP3, FLAC or M4A lossless at CD quality and even higher-than-CD quality 24/96 WAVE. your link will include all options - all free. all downloads include a PDF with artwork and credits.

for those of you interested in physical products, fear not. we plan to make a version of this release available on CD and vinyl in july. details coming soon.

splashmh8.jpg

http://theslip.nin.com/

James

James wrote:

No wonder he left. He's already got one album under his belt and the NIN machine is just getting started.

Gonna download this later today. Really looking forward to hearing it.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Thank you for the link smile

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Cheers for the link James. Looking forward to hearing this.

Well done Finck you just doubled your resume in 2 weeks after 10 years of trying.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, Finck definitely deserves major kudos. He's finally gonna let his fans hear what he has to offer.

If he's gone, its Axl's loss. The fanbase should lay no blame on Finck.

Sky Dog wrote:

that second track is kicking ass....thanks for the link James.

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

that second track is kicking ass....thanks for the link James.

Cant wait to hear this. I'm on a dial up connection at the moment, but will be around some high speed later tonight.

Gonna go out tonight and smoke some shrooms and weed while there(among other things :bed: ). This record will definitely be tonight's soundtrack.

Someone give a review of Finck's work after a first listen.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No wonder he left. He's already got one album under his belt and the NIN machine is just getting started.

no doubt...that didnt take long...what a month? after this i'm thinking that robin is gone...hopefully a gnr fan can corner him on this tour and he'll answer a couple questions

Sky Dog wrote:

I am through the first six tracks or more and don't see Finck as a real standout. Just typical NIN stuff so far.

to take this slightly off topic, you see how quickly Trent incorporated Robin.....at the most Robin has been involved 8-9 months but I doubt that long. My point is that if Axl wanted to get Slash involved in some capacity right now for CD, he could still do it and get a record out by xmas. Slash could erase some of Robin's solos in a second. IF IF IF IF3  Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Slash try his hand at the solo on CD (just Finck's) and the Blues. I like Robin's Better, TWAT, and IRS stuff.

James

James wrote:

Good point on how quickly things can change. One minute Robin is on tour with GNR looking like Jesus and wearing a garbage bag, the next he is in NIN releasing an album.

Similar thing could happen in GNR, but there's a big obstacle....

Axl doesn't like releasing albums like Trent. So we could end up in a scenario with a rerecorded CD that no one ever gets to hear.

I dont even care anymore to be honest. I just want the record out, whether by a fan leak, official leak, or normal release. If adding Slash to CD will ensure a CD release within a few months, Axl needs to send Del and Beta to the store to stock up on tophats and cigarettes.

Board footer