You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Dipshit suicidal blonde kills 3 people instead of herself

James wrote:

The car sped down Dempster Street going at least 70 mph. Jeanette Sliwinski drove the Ford Mustang through three red lights before coming to a final, fatal stop.
Instead of killing herself -- as authorities said she was trying to do -- Sliwinski took the lives of three musicians when her car rammed theirs July 14, 2005. Sliwinski, then 23, survived the crash with a broken ankle.
Jeanette Sliwinski was being treated for psychiatric problems when she blew three red lights in her Ford Mustang and rammed a Honda Civic.

Today, she goes on trial for murder before Judge Garritt Howard at the Cook County courthouse in Skokie.

"How do you punish somebody for being so senseless? Totally senseless," said Paul Dahlquist, father of Michael Dahlquist, one of the three victims.
"That's the part that just totally overwhelms me. What a senseless, irresponsible thing to do," he said.
Sliwinski attended Niles West High School in Skokie, had worked as a model and a stripper, and graduated from Columbia College with a degree in marketing and communications, sources said.
At the time of the crash, she had recently moved in with her parents in Morton Grove and was battling psychiatric problems. She had seen several mental health professionals in the months leading up to the crash and had an appointment to see a psychiatrist that day. She has been in the Cook County Jail for two years.

Dahlquist, 39, along with John Glick, 35, and Douglas Meis, 29, were on their lunch break when they were killed. The three worked together at Shure Inc. in Niles and played in different bands.
'You don't really need intent'
One witness said Sliwinski's Mustang became airborne after it plowed into Dahlquist's Honda Civic. The collision left both cars flipped over -- and Glick's body lying in the road.
Prosecutors as well as Sliwinski's lawyer, Tom Breen, declined to comment on the case. But with few facts in dispute, sources involved expect it to hinge on conflicting testimony from psychiatrists.
The defense -- which has five psychiatric experts lined up -- will argue that Sliwinski was insane at the time of the crash. The state is not seeking the death penalty.
Telling the story of a distraught woman whose only goal was to kill herself might not help Sliwinski, said John Decker, a professor at DePaul University College of Law.

"You really don't need intent, in the narrow sense, for murder," Decker said. "As long as the person has knowledge that there is a substantial probability that their conduct could bring about a death, that constitutes murder."
A photographer and photography collector, Paul Dahlquist honored his son's memory by donating 110 photographs to Columbia College as the Michael Dahlquist Memorial Collection.
"My way of dealing with things like this that I'm absolutely helpless to change and do anything about is just to get very busy and do work,'' he said.
Still, he said, "Once in a while, I just have a Michael time. I feel as helpless as I did the Friday morning I got the call."
Dahlquist, who lives in Oregon, said he does not plan to attend the trial. "I'd like to see it resolved in some way that she'll never forget."

Re: Dipshit suicidal blonde kills 3 people instead of herself

This was so senseless.

If she wanted to kill herself, there are many other ways then driving your car recklessly looking for a wall to slam into.    Not that I condone one killing themselves, of course not, in this case this woman took 3 lives of people that didn't have to die because of her mental issues.

Board footer