You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: SEBASTIAN BACH Says He Has Spoken To SLASH About Collaborating On New

Acekicken wrote:

SEBASTIAN BACH Says He Has Spoken To SLASH About Collaborating On New Music - June 3, 2008 

Sebastian Bach and his bandmates, guitarists "Metal" Mike Chlasciak and Johnny Chromatic, were at the offices of the Norwegian news web site Kjendis.no (a culture/entertainment sub-site of Dagbladet.no, Norway's second biggest newspaper) earlier today answering a number of questions submitted by the web site's readers. A couple of excerpts from the lengthy question-and-answer session follow.

Q: I've seen you wearing a SLAYER shirt, hanging with METALLICA and I understand you were pretty tight with the PANTERA guys. Have you ever considered doing anything more thrash metal-related?

Bach: I consider "Negative Light" off the new record my thrashiest song to date, written with Metal Mike and Steve DiGiorgio. I am writting songs with Jamey Jasta from HATEBREED, so look out for even heavier music in the future.

Q: Did the incident in Springfield December 1989 affect you as a person? Would you do the same thing today with jumping into the crowd and beat the shit out of a person who throws something at you?

Bach: Yes, it affected me as a person. I would never do something like that again. I would just leave the stage.

Q: What do you think of the current incarnation of SKID ROW, and specifically your replacement, Johnny Solinger? Do you keep in touch with any of your old mates in the band? With the current wave of metal reunions (PRIEST, MAIDEN, CRÃœE, POISON etc) there must surely just be a matter of time before the original SKID ROW lineup goes back on tour '” or what!? There's gotta be TONS of money to earn out there...

Bach: What do I think of the current incarnation of SKID ROW? I don't. Absolutely zero plans on reuniting. I think if you listen to "Angel Down" [Bach's new solo album] and their current music, you will realize that we have grown in different directions musically. I do not make music for money.

Q: Can you still get into the leather pants? I've broadened out quite a bit myself since them heydays, so believe me I'll understand if you can't.

I've been wondering this for a few years: your father's painting on the "Slave to the Grind" cover has been a favorite of mine for many years, I remember being quite struck by it when I first procured the tape back in '91 at the tender age of nine or ten. Do you have any idea if it is possible to pick up a print of that painting anywhere? I remember seeing a gigantic version on your living room wall (or some such) in some MTV interview years ago, though I'm imagining that would've probably been the original.

Bach: Yes [I can still get into the leather pants], every night. But, I have to go running like a crazy man for at least two months before I try to put them on. But running and exercise and drinking tons of water really seems to work. Beer doesn't!!! Damn!

I am very glad you love the "Slave" cover '” yes, the original hangs on my wall. We have talked about releasing high-quality lithographs of the piece with my dad's estate. Hopefully this will happen in the future.

Q: How was it touring with PANTERA in the '90s?? were they as crazy as they seemed to be?

Bach: We brought PANTERA on tour in American arenas when they had "Cowboys From Hell" out. They released "Vulgar Display Of Power" in the middle of our tour '” it was incredible to watch them explode before our very eyes. The toughest act to follow '” ever!

Q: Do you think Axl could be so stubborn that he won't release "Chinese Democracy" just because his is Axl? And since you probably have heard some/most of the new stuff, could it be compaired to "Use Your Illusion" in specter of diverse type songs?? And what is your favorite GN'R song of all time?

Bach: I don't think Axl is the person that is holding up the release... The music has been done for a long time and it's incredible, epic. He has over four albums of material finished... It's in the hands of the businessmen now. Favorite GN'R song of all time... Maybe "Civil War", "Rocket Queen", "My Michelle".

Q: I wanna get a straight answer directly from you about the whole thing with VELVET REVOLVER and you..I am tired of all the internet rumors about the whole thing. Have they contacted you lately?

Bach: I have talked to Slash recently about collaborating on music, but not VELVET REVOLVER. I cannot say what the details are, but Axl Rose has helped me and this band more then anyone eklse in the music industry. It would be very akward to sing in VELVET REVOLVER being such close friends with Axl. More importantly, I like "Angel Down" more than VELVET REVOLVER music.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

I'd love to hear bach on slash's album

i think it would have a very 80's sleazey sound, which i like lol

i wonder what it would do to axl and bachs relationship though yikes

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Bach: No Velvet Revolver, May Work With Slash
Sebastian Bach

June 25, 2008 , 1:15 PM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
Sebastian Bach has plenty of musical activity on his plate -- but joining Velvet Revolver is not part of the mix.

The former Skid Row singer, who was among the early names rumored to be taking Scott Weiland's place, tells Billboard.com that his close friendship with former Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose -- who sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down" -- and a focus on his own music would making joining Velvet Revolver "awkward" at best.

But he did confirm that VR guitarist Slash did contact him "out of the blue ... to talk to me about working together, but it was not Velvet Revolver. It was a completely different project, and I can't tell you what it is 'cause it's mind-blowing, but I've been sworn to secrecy on that. But nothing's happening right now with me and him."

Bach certainly has plenty to keep him busy until anything happens with Slash, though. He's preparing to re-release "Angel Down" as an FYE exclusive, packaged with a DVD that includes five live performances and a documentary titled "Road Rage." "People want more than just a CD these days," Bach notes, "and I have all this footage, so why put it out there?" He's also planning for the album's first British release on July 21.

And while he'll be on the road this summer with Poison and Dokken, Bach is also looking towards his next project -- which may include some songs written with Hatebreed's Jamie Jasta, who he's often identified as a current favorite in interviews.

"He's sent me four songs that I'm working on, and we definitely plan to work together in the future," Bach says. "I love the fist-in-the-air kind of anthem songs, and Jamie seems incredible at writing those kinds of songs, too."

Bach's other endeavor of late is the CMT reality show "Gone Country 2," during which he spent time in Nashville writing with Jermaine Jackson, 'N Sync's Chris Kirkpatrick and actors Lorenzo Lamas and Sean Young.

Bach, who was previously part of MTV's "Celebrity Rap Superstar" and VH1's "SuperGroup," is prohibited from talking about the results but says that the show will be "a lot of fun to watch -- a lot of mayhem, a lot of drunk arguments, only not from me this time."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art … 1003820504

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

'cause it's mind-blowing

He's full of shit. He says everything is mindblowing. All comments about CD can be taken with a grain of salt. He said the same things about Sorry and The General, and now we've heard that The General is considered as "Estranged II".

Was Estranged doom metal??

I bet he hasn't even heard the fucking record. Its all smoke and mirrors.

NOTE TO BAZ:

When you are sworn to secrecy, it means you aren't supposed to give all the details.

We know its Slash's solo album.

Its amazing how these clowns think we're all stupid.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Everything is "mind blowing" according to Baz.  We will wait and see what Slash is doing (most likely his solo album) and if it's not mind blowing then it's safe to assume that neither is Chi Dem (although we probably already knew that).  I think poor old Baz needs to learn some new adjectives.

On a seperate thing about him releasing Angel Down with a DVD.  That's what really pisses me off and makes me wanna download shit.  I bought the Angel Down CD shortly after it came out.  But do I have a DVD to show for it - No.

I know it's happened for years but reward people for buying something immediately when it's released by offering special packaging.  I really hate that (yeah I know it's only a dumb Baz DVD, but it's the principal of the whole damn thing).  Rant over!

Edit - I just read your post after typing mine presumably at the same time as you James - funny we said almost the exact same thing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Re: Slash Working on Solo Album, Not Waiting on Velvet Revolver
« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:18:41 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: FunkyMonkey on Today at 07:12:24 AM
Bach: No Velvet Revolver, May Work With Slash

June 25, 2008 , 1:15 PM ET

Sebastian Bach has plenty of musical activity on his plate -- but joining Velvet Revolver is not part of the mix.

The former Skid Row singer, who was among the early names rumored to be taking Scott Weiland's place, tells Billboard.com that his close friendship with former Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose -- who sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down" -- and a focus on his own music would making joining Velvet Revolver "awkward" at best.

But he did confirm that VR guitarist Slash did contact him "out of the blue ... to talk to me about working together, but it was not Velvet Revolver. It was a completely different project, and I can't tell you what it is 'cause it's mind-blowing, but I've been sworn to secrecy on that. But Nothing's happening right now with me and him."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art … 1003820504

Guess what, Bach said "cause it's mind blowing" again...

Look above, I beat you two to it by saying it on HTGTH earlier in the day.  So all three of us said pretty much the same thing.  Bach is such a tool.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What I don't get is this....why is he describing a Slash solo album as "mind blowing"

don't get me wrong....i'll LOVE a new slash album - and I think Slash and Baz would kick serious ass....

But given slash has been talking about making a 3rd solo album for years...it's not a surprise is it...and they've worked together before....so where is the catch...what is causing the surprise?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What I don't get is this....why is he describing a Slash solo album as "mind blowing"

I like all the posts about "Everything Baz says is mind-blowing..." I thought the exact same thing.

My guess is Slash mentioned some potential names to be on it, possibly Chris Cornell, Kid Rock, Baz, Linda Perry, James Hetfield etc.. They all probably didn't "Sign on" yet, but expressed interest, Baz considers it 'mind-blowing' nonetheless. There was a CD in the mid-90's by a Mike Watt who was bassist of a punk band The Minutemen & Firehose. It had a really awesome concept, it rotated EVERYTHING. Different guitarists, drummers, and singers. So Dave Grohl might have played drums, someone like Henry Rollins was singing, and Thuston Moore of Sonic Youth or someone was playing guitar. It's a pretty good album with the likes of Eddie Vedder, Henry Rollins, Dave Pirner, Mike D, Frank Black & Mark Lanegan all on vocals, among others.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, Baz is the only person who calls albums yet to be made "mind blowing".

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, Baz is the only person who calls albums yet to be made "mind blowing".

Yeah, this kinda lowered my expectations of The General & Sorry. hmm

Board footer