You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: SEBASTIAN BACH Says He Has Spoken To SLASH About Collaborating On New

Acekicken wrote:

Some people really talk out there Ass & have know clue what has happen or what has gone down.

The "FACTS" the phone call & so on get the facts people
read.

A high-priced puppy ended a dream collaboration between feuding GUNS N' ROSES founders AXL ROSE and SLASH and funk legend SLY STONE.
Stone had tentatively signed on to re-record some of his obscure tracks with former Skid Row star Sebastian Bach, who had suggested his friends Rose and Slash join them in the studio.
But Bach's dream of bringing the Guns N' Roses duo back together hit a snag when eccentric Stone demanded a pedigree pup.
The rocker tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I was footing the bill for this session on my own. I had everyone ready to go. At the very last minute my manager calls Sly and says, 'What's Sly going to need?' Sly wanted me to buy him a dog.
"He gave me this information on a specific kennel in northern California, in Napa Valley, and a specific breed for one puppy that he wanted me to buy for him for $8,500.
"That was the straw that broke the camel's back on the session... I almost had them (Slash and Rose) reunited on a Sly tune. That still could happen.
"If I can afford to buy Sly the puppy he wanted, I can reunite Guns N' Roses."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

The "FACTS" the phone call & so on get the facts people
read.

A high-priced puppy ended a dream collaboration between feuding GUNS N' ROSES founders AXL ROSE and SLASH and funk legend SLY STONE.
Stone had tentatively signed on to re-record some of his obscure tracks with former Skid Row star Sebastian Bach, who had suggested his friends Rose and Slash join them in the studio.
But Bach's dream of bringing the Guns N' Roses duo back together hit a snag when eccentric Stone demanded a pedigree pup.
The rocker tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I was footing the bill for this session on my own. I had everyone ready to go. At the very last minute my manager calls Sly and says, 'What's Sly going to need?' Sly wanted me to buy him a dog.
"He gave me this information on a specific kennel in northern California, in Napa Valley, and a specific breed for one puppy that he wanted me to buy for him for $8,500.
"That was the straw that broke the camel's back on the session... I almost had them (Slash and Rose) reunited on a Sly tune. That still could happen.
"If I can afford to buy Sly the puppy he wanted, I can reunite Guns N' Roses."

That didn't happen. It specifically says so in the article. Whats your point?

Some people really talk out there Ass & have know clue

Thats not how this site operates. You're not going to talk down to me, and you sure as hell aren't going to talk down to the members of this site for simply having an opinion on this subject. The people here left other sites to get away from such shit, not have to embrace it.

If that's how you feel about this community, then hit the log out button and don't come back.

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:

The point was this was one of the "Quote" Mind blowing events
people where bashing,that they did not know was happening,unless of course you don't feel Axl & Slash hooking up on new music can be conciderd mind blowing? And this is not the only project.

James

James wrote:

You couldn't make a point without insulting basically everyone here??

Yes I had read about the Sly Stone thing. Nothing came of it, so its not "mind blowing" in my opinion. Chances of that ever happening are very slim, and its not Axl and Slash who would cause it to never happen(that would be Sly Stone).

It was all tentative to begin with, and Stone is an even better expert at "tentative" than Axl is.

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:

Well I will apologize for my choice of words in expressing my opinion.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

The point was this was one of the "Quote" Mind blowing events
people where bashing,that they did not know was happening,unless of course you don't feel Axl & Slash hooking up on new music can be conciderd mind blowing? And this is not the only project.

I'll pay that...Baz managing to reunite Axl and Slash would be pretty mindblowing! See that's the kind of thing I was looking for. I wasn't giving shit to Baz for saying it was mindblowing...I just didn't understand why he was blown away working with slash when they've played together before, and slash's solo album was a known concept in the works. But something like this going down is pretty damn awesome....

To be fair to everyone however, it wasn't clear from the original post that Baz's comment pertained to something like Slash and Axl possibility getting back together for a song.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They don't need to ever be in the same room to work on a new song together - especially if they aren't writing the song.  I don't see this as being quite as big as some are making it to be, but it is a positive sign.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

They don't need to ever be in the same room to work on a new song together

they've done it many times before like that....in fact, new gnr operates purely on that system....:haha:

James

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

They don't need to ever be in the same room to work on a new song together - especially if they aren't writing the song.  I don't see this as being quite as big as some are making it to be, but it is a positive sign.

IF it happens, it would be virtually identical to their work on Anxious Disease. Neither is aware of the others existence.

Factor Sly Stone into the equation,and we're more likely to see all four members of the Beatles reunite before this collaboration ever takes place.

Sly makes Axl's disappearances look like baby stuff. This guy might give it an "all systems go", Axl shows up at the studio, and the world goes 10 years without seeing Sly Stone again.

In my opinion, its just not a pipe dream worth clinging on to.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Baz just needs to shut his fucking mouth.  Everything is mindblowing to him. 

He's the type of guy that calls up his friends cuz his dog just took a shit that looks like a dog and says, "dude you have to come see this, it's mindblowing!"

Board footer